English language

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I am currently in year 11 and I was just asking if anybody would kindly give tips to study English Language . We have just started studying English Language in my school and we are currently studying ''analysing language '' and i just don't know where to start .
    Please Please help

ReputationRep:
    Mr bruff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muadh101)
    Hi , I am currently in year 11 and I was just asking if anybody would kindly give tips to study English Language . We have just started studying English Language in my school and we are currently studying ''analysing language '' and i just don't know where to start .
    Please Please help
    Hey what are you stuck with? I'll happily help as I love English language haha.

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know how to annotate non-fiction texts when they ask you to annotate language

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know how to annotate non-fiction texts when they ask you to annotate language
    Is there any specific question I can help with or just annotating?

ReputationRep:
    Just annotating language . I would greatly appreciate if you would give me tips in annotating language using language techniques such as Dave Forster you know adjectives, rule of three, hyperbole , ontphomena , alliteration . I would also like a deep explanation of what alliteration means .
    Thank you so much for your help.
    PS. I would like to ask if you were a teacher or just a student .
    Thanks anyway .
    Muady

ReputationRep:
    Please Please help
    Use Mr. Bruff on YouTube.

ReputationRep:
    Just annotating language . I would greatly appreciate if you would give me tips in annotating language using language techniques such as Dave Forster you know adjectives, rule of three, hyperbole , ontphomena , alliteration . I would also like a deep explanation of what alliteration means .
    Thank you so much for your help.
    PS. I would like to ask if you were a teacher or just a student .
    Thanks anyway .
    Muady
    Hello, sorry for the late response. I am a student.

I will help you as much as I can (If I described it wrong, dont worry just tell me!)

Before I start, if you need tips on labeling the techniques or focuses in pieces of text, I like to highlight what the focus point is.

Adjectives are used to describe something. For example, you could put "The apple was tasty" Tasty being the adjective that is describing the apple. So my tip for that is to use it when you want to describe something.

Hyperbole - Hyperboles are exaggerated statements. For example, "I am that hungry I could eat a horse". This is an exaggerated statement, but it shows how hungry the person making the statement is. I guess you could describe Hyperboles as overstatements, well, that's how I look at it!

Ontphomena - I haven't heard of that sorry. Did you mean onomatopoeia?

Alliteration - Alliteration is sort of a repetition of a sound, or, a letter. So, for example, "Anxious ants avoid the anteater's advances". This is an example of Alliteration because you can hear the repetition of the sound of "A". Anxious, Ants, Avoid, Anteater's Advances. Get it?

Alliteration also makes it catchy because of the repetition of the sounds.

Hopefully I helped, If I read the question wrong or you are asking something different, please reply, or send me a PM. if you need anymore help, I'm here

Jake,

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.