Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Law UG Degree - 3rd Year.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've got all of my course textbooks ready to go but this year I really want to make sure I'm focussed on studying as I really want to get a good overall degree classification. There are two types of revision books that keep cropping up:The LawExpress series and the Concentrate series. I've never bought any of them before but I'm considering getting a revision book for each module to ensure I can grasp concepts as quickly as possible so I don't get *too* stressed when something proves to be challenging.Has anyone tried any of these and can give any thoughts/recommendations as to which are good/useful?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't know about those books but I would like to say, "Congrats", that you are in your final year of law. I am just starting next week and I was wondering if you would be so kind, to advise me on what is the best websites to research for my essays on Law. Any guides, notes, examples, recommendations would be most appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themusicinme)
    Hi, I don't know about those books but I would like to say, "Congrats", that you are in your final year of law. I am just starting next week and I was wondering if you would be so kind, to advise me on what is the best websites to research for my essays on Law. Any guides, notes, examples, recommendations would be most appreciated.
    Your university will most likely give you lots of information about websites like westlaw that you will be using because they have a ton of online cases, summaries and journal articles that will prove invaluable when it comes to researching for your essays. I'd definitely recommend taking advantage of your uni's help and workshops, my uni offers a lot of sessions on essay writing etc and even though you may feel as though you can write good essays it doesn't hurt to go along and get any issues sorted out early on before you actually have to submit any work. I'd also recommend using your uni's library a LOT. A lot of uni's now have a large range of e-books so definitely use them to do some general reading on topics before you start trying to gather information and arguments from journal readings! Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I personally only buy the LawExpress books for exam subjects. They're brilliant, really easy to follow, and give great little explanations of key cases. I don't tend to buy them for coursework-based subjects; however, I'm finding EU Law quite hard to grasp at the moment so may end up eating my words!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.