Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Is my UKCAT good enough?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice, I'm planning on applying for dentistry this October but didn't quite get the UKCAT I was hoping for.
    I got 6A*s and 5As at GCSE, AAAB at AS level and am predicted AAA at A level. My UKCAT score was an average of 623 and I got a band 1 in STJ.

Does anybody know if that UKCAT score will be high enough for me to be accepted and if so for which universities? I know band 1 is good but I was told not many unis look at STJ...

ReputationRep:
    Your scores is still alright, I found this link quite useful http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk/ukcat.html , it kind of breaks down how much weight different uni's give it
    (Original post by fmm123)
    Hey,
    I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice, I'm planning on applying for dentistry this October but didn't quite get the UKCAT I was hoping for.
    I got 6A*s and 5As at GCSE, AAAB at AS level and am predicted AAA at A level. My UKCAT score was an average of 623 and I got a band 1 in STJ.

Does anybody know if that UKCAT score will be high enough for me to be accepted and if so for which universities? I know band 1 is good but I was told not many unis look at STJ...

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.