Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is this desperate and needy??

ReputationRep:
    Im 22 years old and have been single for a year i dont really have a great social circle and im not in education i work part time but thats about it... im trying to find a girl im not a fan of online dating so i have decided to approach girls in shopping malls high streets parks etc etc so far i havent had any terrible expereinces but i often notice people looking at me when i approach girls and i wonder does it come across as creepy???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinglikeabee)
    Im 22 years old and have been single for a year i dont really have a great social circle and im not in education i work part time but thats about it... im trying to find a girl im not a fan of online dating so i have decided to approach girls in shopping malls high streets parks etc etc so far i havent had any terrible expereinces but i often notice people looking at me when i approach girls and i wonder does it come across as creepy???
    Personally don't think so, if anything more normal than meeting a random girl just because you both swipped the same way on an app lol

Unusual, but depends on confidence and style.

Are you being a nuiscance, harassing them, persevering when they arent interested?
    It could be a bit care in the community if your approach is poor.
    Alternatively if you are confident, selective and charming about it then it could work.

People will just see you because its not usual, most people arent that confident/ desperate. Dont be a nuiscance. Perfect your style.

Talk to the dating guy on TSRm the one that thinks dating women is like prostitution.

ReputationRep:
    You remind me of a certain pickup artist whos in his late 30s now but he's probably the sickest one I've seen and when he was your age, he tried a similar method to get in the game. You should watch this, his names Owen Cook also known as Tyler Durden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR2j2RC0Ytk

ReputationRep:
    I usually strike up conversations when I see people (Usually sixth formers/college girls) half smile at me.

I just smile while I'm talking to them, and try to come across as friendly as possible.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.