I want to say thank you how weird ? Watch

little sheep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i can c where everyone is comming from but when my bf dumped me i sent him a letter saying thank you for everything. it wasnt like a thank you for dumping me it was just that he had looked after me and helped me through lots of stuff and i wanted him to no i was thankfull. mite seem strange but for me it didnt cause any problems he just said thank you to me as well and left it there- tho we are still mates. do wat u feel is right OP if u wanna say thanks and u feel it wont cause any problems then i think u should.
HereFishyFishy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by little sheep)
i can c where everyone is comming from but when my bf dumped me i sent him a letter saying thank you for everything. it wasnt like a thank you for dumping me it was just that he had looked after me and helped me through lots of stuff and i wanted him to no i was thankfull. mite seem strange but for me it didnt cause any problems he just said thank you to me as well and left it there- tho we are still mates. do wat u feel is right OP if u wanna say thanks and u feel it wont cause any problems then i think u should.
She's already admitted she's not over him though. So it undoubtedly will cause problems. There's absolutely no point to it at all.
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do what you feel is right. He sounds like a good friend but a jerk of a boyfriend. A line to say Happy Birthday instead sounds like a good idea.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
The thing is I'm pretty sure that he will reply as that happened before
We broke up and started to talk on MSN ( 1st time) and he asked me to be friends again and said that someday he would make it up to me as he was stupid to hurt a girl like me. During that friendship time when we hadn't got back together, he did ask me to do few things e/g: his courseworks, essays about 6 and I did them all

Yup I know he's bad not even a good friend and all the things he did made me keep questioning myself what our relationship was and if he ever truly cared and loved me.

My b'day is after his not a long time so if I send him a Happy b'day note and he doesnt send me one then I will feel like crap ( this is more likely to happen)
devilgirl999
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would advise writing a letter to him saying what it is you want to say but DONT send it. writing it will be enough i wouldnt contact him as you might feel like you are much better, but clearly your self esteem is not quite back to its usual self as indicated in your sentence - "My b'day is after his not a long time so if I send him a Happy b'day note and he doesnt send me one then I will feel like crap..."
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The thing is I'm pretty sure that he will reply as that happened before
We broke up and started to talk on MSN ( 1st time) and he asked me to be friends again and said that someday he would make it up to me as he was stupid to hurt a girl like me. During that friendship time when we hadn't got back together, he did ask me to do few things e/g: his courseworks, essays about 6 and I did them all

Yup I know he's bad not even a good friend and all the things he did made me keep questioning myself what our relationship was and if he ever truly cared and loved me.

My b'day is after his not a long time so if I send him a Happy b'day note and he doesnt send me one then I will feel like crap ( this is more likely to happen)
WTF!? You'd be crazy (and a total pushover) to thank him for such treatment.
Christina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by devilgirl999)
I would advise writing a letter to him saying what it is you want to say but DONT send it.
i second that idea
FCabinet34x72
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Aww...thank you so much for all the advice, I think I won't do it even just a Happy B'day note..

Phantom Phoenix : U got me right somehow, I'm not completely over him yet

Today I got to know that he didn't add me on his list but didn't block me either...but anyway I decided to completely delete his contact and block it as well...

I'm a bit emotionally weak, one minute I can do the reasoning to myself that will do me no good, another minute I feel like I have to say thankyou to him ..Uhm Im always like that, and I really want to change to be more assertive

But anyway, thanks so much for ur advice as they've been very helpful to get this thought off my mind
So pleased for your ^ the only thing to do..!
Wez
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sending him a Thank You note makes you a doormat.

Don't be a doormat.

Or send him a sarcastic one if you feel you must.
BluesMan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He sounds like an ********, what have you got to thank him for?
Anonymous #1
Yeah an ******* but I wanna take the high road and leave all behind

I guess I should just leave it like that..

Thanks for all replies
ISH
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Wez)
Or send him a sarcastic one if you feel you must.
Yes, sink a little closer to his level. :rolleyes:
Wez
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ISH)
Yes, sink a little closer to his level. :rolleyes:
Petty revenge is surprisingly fun.:p:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wez)
Petty revenge is surprisingly fun.:p:
Kk, tell me how to do it :cool:

Anyway, I won't do anything like most of you suggested here :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.36%
No - I got the required grades (124)
56.88%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (30)
13.76%

Watched Threads