Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that durham's night life is terrible?? If i enjoy partying and going out (as well as working hard obviously) is durham the wrong place for me?

ReputationRep:
    As much as all those things are important - you shouldn't be basing your Uni decision off of that (in my opinion). I think it sets off the wrong attitude from the get go, and you more or less get one shot at Uni.

I have no idea but have heard similar things about Durham's nightlife, and whilst I love going out, etc. You can make anywhere a good time, surely it's about you and who you're with in the end in order to have a good time?

ReputationRep:
    Durham apparently sucks, but Newcastle is more then easy to get to.

Jack is right. You go to University for a degree, not a social life. No one realises that anymorw and go to university purely because they think it'll be a great laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackEDeakin)
    As much as all those things are important - you shouldn't be basing your Uni decision off of that (in my opinion). I think it sets off the wrong attitude from the get go, and you more or less get one shot at Uni.

I have no idea but have heard similar things about Durham's nightlife, and whilst I love going out, etc. You can make anywhere a good time, surely it's about you and who you're with in the end in order to have a good time?
    Thank you! I have chosen durham specifically after visiting the open day and looking at the course I want to study, I haven't been looking at uni's with night life in mind I was just slightly curious after hearing so many negative things..

ReputationRep:
    Night life is definitely going to be something you'll always consider, but don't let it sway your decision if you're in need of a night out, Newcastle is easily reachable. If you're in need of a few drinks then the college bars seem to be more than good enough

ReputationRep:
    Nightlife is absolutely DIRE in durham. My sister goes to the university and ive been out there a few times. It's home to the worst nightclub in EURORE (go klute).

ReputationRep:
    The nightlife that you'll see on freshers week will get tired pretty quickly. I've been going out in D Ram for a good two years and I'm still discovering some hidden gems however, for when you get bored of the club scene. I personally think it's a fantastic night, if I was into the whole clubbing thing still then Newcastle is only 20 mins away on the train however

ReputationRep:
    I personally go out all the time here and think the nightlife is pretty good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.