National Insurance Number

    • Thread Starter


    I am a EU part time/distance learning student and have been approved for a part time loan. My entitlement letter says that I have to submit my National Insurance Number, however since I am not in the UK, I cannot obtain it. I checked my account online and it said that my payments are currently blocked (due to the NIN issue or due to entering a bank account - I checked to enter a bank account, although I figured the payment would go directly to my uni, and it confirmed that no bank information was needed from me).
    I am quite worried now that although I have been approved, there won't be any payments to my uni. My first payment is scheduled for mid-October, will it automatically be unblocked at that time?

    Many thanks for your help


    As an EU student you are not required to provide a national insurance number. I would advise you to call us on 0141 243 3570 in order for us to access your account and check why the payments are blocked.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.