Turn on thread page Beta

Do black boys need better role models? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylvie27)
    which is why i believe that whilst living on earth you're just an individual **** what the expectations of society.!Just live ur life u dont have 2 conform to the will of the majority or what ever.!
    Exactly!

I know this isn't representative of EVERY black person but some few that if you were to do anything that's not associated with a black person then it means you're pandering to...oh Jesus, how do I say it nicely? Ah **** it. Basically here's an example. Some black people feel that of the whole slavery thing, that they've gotta really really really "act black" and if anyone black does anything not associated to the black stereotype....I dunno like listen to rock music, they get told that they are "kissing the white man's arse after all he's done to you" and that they're not being true to their roots (what roots?! black roots?!) and blah blah blah blah Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Everyone should live their life. Most people won't let you live it though.

ReputationRep:
    They need more fathers, not more role models.

ReputationRep:
    My parents were divorced when I was quite young and I turned out perfect. PERFECT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sticky)
    Who the **** is Eminem a role model for?

For rich white kids and chavs trying to be rebels and act ghetto?
    *puts hand up*

ReputationRep:
    If teachers mentor black boys then they have to mentor everyone else. It's not only black boys who underachieve, so do a lot of black girls and whilte pupils. When I was at school I didn't get the help I needed for my dyslexia and I'm white. I think the real concern is why a lot of black boys see people who encourage crime as role models in the first place. It steams from their culture. Their father and brothers were proberly in gangs and their mother doesn't care if they join one too.

ReputationRep:
    "Their father and brothers were proberly in gangs and their mother doesn't care if they join one too."

Well! That's a bit...erm...general now, isn't it? What a big assumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    QPRMichael, shut up you ********.
    shut it you mug get a real life scouser

ReputationRep:
    My daily chores of upping your mother several times daily offer quite a pleasant lifestyle as it is.

ReputationRep:
    As a black boy myself i think this "report" is a piece of s*it. The problem of underachieving black boys mainly stems from the lack of a strong family and the low importance place don education by these families and instead valuing material things: cars, phones. clothes etc etc.
    We also need to stop blaming racism and slavery for all of our problems. Sure there is racism but racism is suffered by Chinese and Asian people too and they dont seem to have the same problems as us.

ReputationRep:
    *****ie ****** off you mug sick of you i wernt even chatting to you in the first place you posh c.unt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nanananabatman)
    "Their father and brothers were proberly in gangs and their mother doesn't care if they join one too."

Well! That's a bit...erm...general now, isn't it? What a big assumption.
    I'm obviously not referring to every black boy. I'm referring to those the report is on. I knew someone was going to be politically correct and say that.
    (Original post by Big Jon)
    As a black boy myself i think this "report" is a piece of s*it. The problem of underachieving black boys mainly stems from the lack of a strong family and the low importance place don education by these families and instead valuing material things: cars, phones. clothes etc etc.
    We also need to stop blaming racism and slavery for all of our problems. Sure there is racism but racism is suffered by Chinese and Asian people too and they dont seem to have the same problems as us.
    I completely agree. It's the parents' responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being "politically correct", don't give me that crap like it's some sort of disease. I'm just actually talking from experience i.e. a single parent family due to divorce and well, we've turned out mighty fine.

ReputationRep:
    *****ie ****** off you mug sick of you i wernt even chatting to you in the first place you posh c.unt
    Im not posh, im just not a thick moron like you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    Im not posh, im just not a thick moron like you are.
    LOL. I love your ad hominem attacks.

ReputationRep:
    The mods round here are slacking...*sigh* Its like im back in primary school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benisright)
    They need more fathers, not more role models.
    EXCUSE ME....!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 THAT'S SO RUDE....ABOUT THEY NEED MORE FATHERS! wtf.so unnecessary! ur better off passing constructive comments than having a dig and dont be so narrowminded passing comments like that some people don't have fathers not because they wanted it that way but because things turned out that way.so for u 2 say that...well lets just say its a bit inconsiderate of other people's feelings! and the issue wasn't about MORE role models it was about BETTER role models.check ur dictionary and u will realise that MORE and BETTER mean two VERY different things!alright?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I love your ad hominem attacks.
    How is it ad hominem? Its not as if he was making an argument which i just insulted him over, he wasnt making any argument. He was character attacking people and i was attacking in kind. Ad hominem is usually if someone makes an argument but you jsut insult them as a person isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    EXCUSE ME....!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 THAT'S SO RUDE....ABOUT THEY NEED MORE FATHERS! wtf.so unnecessary! ur better off passing constructive comments than having a dig and dont be so narrowminded passing comments like that some people don't have fathers not because they wanted it that way but because things turned out that way.so for u 2 say that...well lets just say its a bit inconsiderate of other people's feelings! and the issue wasn't about MORE role models it was about BETTER role models.check ur dictionary and u will realise that MORE and BETTER mean two VERY different things!alright?:rolleyes:

You're right they probably have far too many dads already, one quality one would suffice far more than the 10 bad ones they have at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if that was supposed to be a joke...or not but if it was then its not very funny!....and just so u know anyone else who quotes me making some silly remark...dont waste ur time.find something better 2 do!
    It was a little bit too complicated for you to get I guess. Especially as you can't even write a reasonably coherent sentence. My bad.

ReputationRep:
    Blah Blah...forget All This Crap! Later.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.