Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Is it worth

ReputationRep:
    Hey I got AAA predicted grades, with a 550 UKCAT and Band 2 STJ. I want to apply to the enhanced support programme however is it only for people in London??

And yes it's a good idea to apply to one... What's there to lose? I'm sure you'll get info BioMed if you get rejected

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I don't know if my grades are good enough and whether my aspiration to study dentistry is over.
    At GCSEs I got 3A*s in Eng lit Urdu and Biology, 8 As and 1 B in Eng Lang.
    At AS i got BCCC with the B in bio and Cs in Maths Chem and History. I'm dropping history.
    I have a 3 A prediction and for Ukcat i got 590 and Band 1 sjt.
    Please let me know what you think and where i have the best chance of applying.

ReputationRep:
    If i was you the best thing to do is apply to the universitys that don't require to much of a high UKCAT grade theres a table on
    http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk/ukcat.html that kind of breaks it down. You might not get any offers for interview but you need to put your head down and try and smash your A2's. If you do get entry grades on results day then take a gap year re-do the UKCAT and apply again, universities will be able to see that you really want to study dentistry from the fact that you have already applied the year before and you won't be disadvantaged because you still did your A-Levels in one 2-year sitting and have simply decided to take a gap year, which is a great chance to get loads of work experience. I think the website i linked also has a table of entry requirements so it's worth also checking that out too. Good Luck
    (Original post by Maya245)
    Hi,
    I don't know if my grades are good enough and whether my aspiration to study dentistry is over.
    At GCSEs I got 3A*s in Eng lit Urdu and Biology, 8 As and 1 B in Eng Lang.
    At AS i got BCCC with the B in bio and Cs in Maths Chem and History. I'm dropping history.
    I have a 3 A prediction and for Ukcat i got 590 and Band 1 sjt.
    Please let me know what you think and where i have the best chance of applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron Bernbaum)
    If i was you the best thing to do is apply to the universitys that don't require to much of a high UKCAT grade theres a table on
    http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk/ukcat.html that kind of breaks it down. You might not get any offers for interview but you need to put your head down and try and smash your A2's. If you do get entry grades on results day then take a gap year re-do the UKCAT and apply again, universities will be able to see that you really want to study dentistry from the fact that you have already applied the year before and you won't be disadvantaged because you still did your A-Levels in one 2-year sitting and have simply decided to take a gap year, which is a great chance to get loads of work experience. I think the website i linked also has a table of entry requirements so it's worth also checking that out too. Good Luck
    Thank you that was very helpful i just need to really concentrate this year

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.