Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Exhaustion and Stress

ReputationRep:
    I take a lot longer to understand topics in each of my subjects so I always spend a lot of time on my homework to ensure I don't fall behind and so that I understand it but in doing this I've been going to bed in the early hours of the morning after being at school from 9am to 4 and then going straight into homework until about 2am. I find it hard to get to sleep and then I get about 5 hours sleep, and I'm exhausted, I have the worst migranes and I dont know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lummzie)
    I take a lot longer to understand topics in each of my subjects so I always spend a lot of time on my homework to ensure I don't fall behind and so that I understand it but in doing this I've been going to bed in the early hours of the morning after being at school from 9am to 4 and then going straight into homework until about 2am. I find it hard to get to sleep and then I get about 5 hours sleep, and I'm exhausted, I have the worst migranes and I dont know what to do.
    Frankly the bottom line is you need more sleep. You should be getting around 9 hours sleep and you are getting nowhere near that.

You might find going to your doctor helps. There may be an underlying problem affecting your school work which is starting all of this off. It is possible for things like dyslexia, ADD, vitamin deficiencies, stress or depression and loads of other things to affect your "intelligence" and if you can do something about that you may be able to give yourself the sleep you need without having to compramise your studies.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.