Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

School doesn't understand how predicted grades work Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I am from India studying under CBSE board. I approached my school and told them about how I needed a predicted marksheet. They though I am talking about first term examinations. Now they are saying they will quote the exact marks that I got in my first term exams ( really pathetic btw). I don't know how to make them understand how predicted grades work.

ReputationRep:
    I think some schools are fussy about predicting grades and often won't give you better predictions if they don't believe you capable.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by SayoniRoy)
    So I am from India studying under CBSE board. I approached my school and told them about how I needed a predicted marksheet. They though I am talking about first term examinations. Now they are saying they will quote the exact marks that I got in my first term exams ( really pathetic btw). I don't know how to make them understand how predicted grades work.
    Just go back to them either the head teacher, the exam officer or department heads.

Heres a guide on writing a referene for UCAS
    p13 mentions preducted grades. they must have done it before.
    Just tell them what it is and wht you need them.

https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/f...ide-2016_1.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just go back to them either the head teacher, the exam officer or department heads.

Heres a guide on writing a referene for UCAS
    p13 mentions preducted grades. they must have done it before.
    Just tell them what it is and wht you need them.

https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/f...ide-2016_1.pdf
    They have no idea about how this whole thing works as most students from my school go to US where they require first term marks and not predicted grades,
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by SayoniRoy)
    They have no idea about how this whole thing works as most students from my school go to US where they require first term marks and not predicted grades,
    Then its your job to explain to them. Repeating the claim they have no idea doesnt help. Do something about it and explain what is needed. I refuse to believe one reasonably intelligent person cannot explain that to anoher.

Be the solution and not the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you need to have them say what they think you will get in your final exams (based off last year's performance) instead of first term marks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.