Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

long-haul plane journeys Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from Papua New Guinea.
    Night flight left Brisbane at 10:55 pm, 30 minutes later people start tucking into a meal. 4 hours later they are tucking in again!
    Who are these people?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Night flight left Brisbane at 10:55 pm, 30 minutes later people start tucking into a meal. 4 hours later they are tucking in again!
    Who are these people?
    People who are hungry the flights are expensive enough :lol: they can have as much food as they want

ReputationRep:
    Must be a long flight then airlines have to serve two meals during each long haul flight

ReputationRep:
    People who have underlying anxiety about being stuck in a tube at 35,000ft with a few hundred strangers, for over 10 hours, and who resort to distracting behaviours.

Did you see the Kutubu Kundu Digaso festival?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    Did you see the Kutubu Kundu Digaso festival?
    No, I was involved with a well-received rally of a fast-growing church in Bougainville.

Name:  P1100950.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  534.8 KB
    Attachment 583314583316Attachment 583314583316583300
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Also, I had to wait for 5 hours in Brisbane Airport where "The Australian Way" shop was selling this stuff:

Name:  Image063.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  88.1 KBAttachment 583320583322
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Who are these people?
    It is recommended to eat something every three hours.

Also there is not much else to do on a plane. Yes there may be TV and gadgets, but you are stuck in one place. Same with car journeys or train journeys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    It is recommended to eat something every three hours.

Also there is not much else to do on a plane. Yes there may be TV and gadgets, but you are stuck in one place. Same with car journeys or train journeys.
    I just thought most people would prefer to sleep, the Singapore - London leg was daytime so I did eat and watched "Demolition" and "Batman v Superman" + I went to ask for a snack and found 2 crew members canoodling behind the curtain which they took very well .. Singapore Airlines.

ReputationRep:
    Nice trip. But where are all the wimmin?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.