Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

long-haul plane journeys

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from Papua New Guinea.
    Night flight left Brisbane at 10:55 pm, 30 minutes later people start tucking into a meal. 4 hours later they are tucking in again!
    Who are these people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Night flight left Brisbane at 10:55 pm, 30 minutes later people start tucking into a meal. 4 hours later they are tucking in again!
    Who are these people?
    People who are hungry the flights are expensive enough :lol: they can have as much food as they want

ReputationRep:
    Must be a long flight then airlines have to serve two meals during each long haul flight

ReputationRep:
    People who have underlying anxiety about being stuck in a tube at 35,000ft with a few hundred strangers, for over 10 hours, and who resort to distracting behaviours.

Did you see the Kutubu Kundu Digaso festival?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    Did you see the Kutubu Kundu Digaso festival?
    No, I was involved with a well-received rally of a fast-growing church in Bougainville.

Name:  P1100950.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  534.8 KB
    Attachment 583314583316Attachment 583314583316583300
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Also, I had to wait for 5 hours in Brisbane Airport where "The Australian Way" shop was selling this stuff:

Name:  Image063.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  88.1 KBAttachment 583320583322
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Who are these people?
    It is recommended to eat something every three hours.

Also there is not much else to do on a plane. Yes there may be TV and gadgets, but you are stuck in one place. Same with car journeys or train journeys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    It is recommended to eat something every three hours.

Also there is not much else to do on a plane. Yes there may be TV and gadgets, but you are stuck in one place. Same with car journeys or train journeys.
    I just thought most people would prefer to sleep, the Singapore - London leg was daytime so I did eat and watched "Demolition" and "Batman v Superman" + I went to ask for a snack and found 2 crew members canoodling behind the curtain which they took very well .. Singapore Airlines.

ReputationRep:
    Nice trip. But where are all the wimmin?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.