Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Fake childcare grant

ReputationRep:
    Please no judgement just require answers. I have completed my undergrad and currently studying for my postgrad certificate. I have a daughter who attends the uni nursery. During my time do study I recirved the CCG bursary in order to pay for nursery fees my daughter did 3 full days of nursery. Over July August of this year I cut her days down to one as I couldn't afford to keep her in full time over summer but j had already been paid for the 3 day by SF. I then recirved a form for my childcare provider to fill in but as j knew she wild put the correct amounts in I filled it in myself and put a random squiggle in the signature box so I essentially forged the forms. My nursery has now received another form from SF requesting an audit to double check the times my daughter went to nursery so they're gonna realise the money and dates don't match up so now I'm worried they find out and stop my money for my post grad studies. I point out that j currently don't receive the ccg for this year of study Jusy student loan so can they stop me getting this as I'm worried I won't be able to complete the course thank u

ReputationRep:
    You've answered your own question really. I can't think of anything you haven't already covered. It looks like you're about to be found out. If SF realise that you've falsified any part of your application then they have the right to both stop your future funding and demand immediate repayment of anything they've given you so far (although they will probably negotiate a repayment plan if you can't).

It's rough with a small child, but that's the most likely scenario I can see. Sorry. You can hope that the audit process fails somehow, or that SF is somehow more lenient with you than it would be for others in your situation, but those seem like longshots.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am in the same boat.

How did you get on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloejonesx)
    Hi,

I am in the same boat.

How did you get on ?
    What, why are you all being fraudulent with your CCGs? It all gets audited and the counter fraud services team are excellent. If and when you are found out they can potentially stop giving you funding permanently (and also it's illegal!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    You've answered your own question really. I can't think of anything you haven't already covered. It looks like you're about to be found out. If SF realise that you've falsified any part of your application then they have the right to both stop your future funding and demand immediate repayment of anything they've given you so far (although they will probably negotiate a repayment plan if you can't).

It's rough with a small child, but that's the most likely scenario I can see. Sorry. You can hope that the audit process fails somehow, or that SF is somehow more lenient with you than it would be for others in your situation, but those seem like longshots.

Hi

Could you please share how it's ended ?

Thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloejonesx)
    Hi,

I am in the same boat.

How did you get on ?

Hi
    Could you please share how it's ended?

Thx in advance

ReputationRep:
    Yes it turns out I worried over nothing.. Because I cut her days down from July/August I wasn't receiving funding for this time. As I was in my third year, I finished the course in June/July and my funding from SLC were stopped after the last payment in April (which covers you until July) I received a letter from SLC to say I had been over paid by £150 so I paid that off and that was that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SC20sb07)
    Yes it turns out I worried over nothing.. Because I cut her days down from July/August I wasn't receiving funding for this time. As I was in my third year, I finished the course in June/July and my funding from SLC were stopped after the last payment in April (which covers you until July) I received a letter from SLC to say I had been over paid by £150 so I paid that off and that was that
    Hi
    Thanks for sharing your ending...
    I need your help as mine is so complicated, so worried how to resolve it.

Pls help me.

Thanks in advance

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.