Would you drive a three-wheeler?

Announcements

ReputationRep:

As the thread title says, would you drive a three-wheeled car/motorcycle? Or maybe you already do? I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on them, as they're not something you see on the road every day.

Myself, I found I was enough of a danger to myself and others when driving something with four wheels, so I dread to think how I'd get on with only three, but I do feel they have a certain charm to them. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    i had several Reliant Robins ( or is it Reliants Robin ? :teehee: ) when i was a learner driver. i already had a full motorbike licence so could go around on my own. brilliant fun !!

ReputationRep:
    I'd drive the **** out of it.

Are three wheels more complicated to drive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

As the thread title says, would you drive a three-wheeled car/motorcycle? Or maybe you already do? I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on them, as they're not something you see on the road every day.

Myself, I found I was enough of a danger to myself and others when driving something with four wheels, so I dread to think how I'd get on with only three, but I do feel they have a certain charm to them. :yes:
    After that Top Gear episode...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ofc

ReputationRep:
    I'd be willing to try a trike, but a Reliant Robin? No thanks. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i had several Reliant Robins ( or is it Reliants Robin ? :teehee: ) when i was a learner driver. i already had a full motorbike licence so could go around on my own. brilliant fun !!
    Seriously, you learned to drive in one? Sounds hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Seriously, you learned to drive in one? Sounds hard.
    i had lessons in a normal car, but most of my practice was in the Reliant... **

ReputationRep:
    No I dont think I would. They are rubbish and keep tipping over if you do a big turn.

Oh absolutely!!
    Engine swap it for a superbike engine and then let the fun begin!
    150mph on 3 wheels! Great fun!

But yeah I'd drive one! Looks like a right laugh!

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    After that Top Gear episode...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ofc
    Totally wasn't modded

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.