Turn on thread page Beta

Which sections of the forum do you regularly read? watch

ReputationRep:
    Everyone complains that posts to certain sections don't get as many responses - which sections do you actually read on a regular basis?

ReputationRep:
    This one and academic.

ReputationRep:
    I read F51 regularly too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Everyone complains that posts to certain sections don't get as many responses - which sections do you actually read on a regular basis?
    exam time, i was on academic loads (in fact, i think i have well over 500 posts there- which is a lot compared to my overall post count)
    nowadays, i'm on general chat, sport and media most of the time....i think it's true that most miss out certain forums....if i wanted a thread to be read and it was supposed to be in 'about', then i'd be tempted to put it in general chat for a while, and then let it get moved....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    I read F51 regularly too.
    Good old forum f51, incredibly busy considering it has such limited access.

ReputationRep:
    Academic, Careers, General Chat, General University Discussion + PS (which wasn't an option)

A lot of threads I read but don't post on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Good old forum f51, incredibly busy considering it has such limited access.
    Moaning thread is second biggest thread on UKL and the Celabratory thread is a big 'un too, wiith over 1000 posts.

ReputationRep:
    Moaning thread is second biggest thread on UKL and the Celabratory thread is a big 'un too, wiith over 1000 posts.
    Harry Potter is the biggest, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Harry Potter is the biggest, right?
    Yep, though moaning is catching it up.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, though moaning is catching it up.
    . I doubt I'll be able to catch pig in moaning, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    . I doubt I'll be able to catch pig in moaning, lol.
    Nearly 10% of his posts are in the moaning thread :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    This one and academic.
    same, although the academic one isnt as popular now that exmas are over, im sure it will be on the 19th of aug though!

ReputationRep:
    mainly i spend time on the cambridge subforum, as well as general chat. during exam time i spent most of my time on the academic/bio, chem &phys subforum

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge and Oxbridge forums, Scottish Highers in Academic, Media, General Chat, sometimes the other University forums, plus the geneal University one and PS forum, and reading and occasionally posting in About.

ReputationRep:
    And what about f51, we go on that alot.

ReputationRep:
    this poll is biased because you've placed it on general chat though

ReputationRep:

I read General Chat and the University forum mostly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    this poll is biased because you've placed it on general chat though
    I know, but General Chat always seems to be the place with the most traffic anyway - and I don't think the mods would be very happy if I posted this in every section :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I used to read the adademic forum most often, but since school has finished there aren't many posts so i've been the university and general chat forums more.

(Original post by SiAnY)
    I used to read the adademic forum most often, but since school has finished there aren't many posts so i've been the university and general chat forums more.
    Yeah this isn't fair, when i joined i had already finished school and gone on holiday, hence there being no point in me using the academic forum. When school starts i'll use the academic forum more then the general chat, i'm only spamming away because i have nothing better to do.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.