Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    in want to get a new tatoo done and i said i won't have one on my legs or my arms,

so i opted for my feet coz i have 2 already on my back

i have a fave song in mind its by david guettta and its called just a little more love

so i thought on one foot id have

"Just a little more love"

on the other

"just a little more peace"

or does this sound better

on one foot

"Just a little more love, Just a little more peace"

on the other

"is all it takes to live the dream"

i dunno what will be better

any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    sounds gay

on 1 foot you should have
    "**** da"

and on the other
    "police"

Now thats cool

ReputationRep:
    oh thats sounds better then my idea,

cheers for that!! lol

no seriously i want something not loads of other people have! coz i wanna be different i suppose with "**** da" "police" thats abit different isn't it

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of foot tattoos, purely because they're so conspicuous. Especially not on women who wear heels...

If you like it, go for it.. but it's not to my taste.

ReputationRep:
    Very tacky imo.

ReputationRep:
    well it's a tacky song, tatoos themselves on often tacky, and it's a tacky part of the body to have tatooed...

...personally? i'd say, yes, yes it's very tacky.

ReputationRep:
    sounds v cheesy - especially the whole one on one foot, the second on the other foot idea...sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Get: Hammer on one foot, time on the second foot

ReputationRep:
    It's very , very tacky. Don't get it. Do you honestly think in 20 years time you're still going to like some tacky dance record?

ReputationRep:
    I dont see how a foot tattoo is tacky though, i think the words are tacky and going to lose their significance but I think a nicely done foot tattoo can be classy.

I'm getting a tat on the arch of my foot which says "Rapture" in nice swirly writing. It's my favourite poem by my favourite poet and as I'm off hopefully to do an english degree it all works out nicely.

And as well, if you get something meaningful on your foot it can be like your feet taking you onwards to a new destination.

So although i dont like the op's choice of words, a lot of people probably wont like the idea of "rapture" so as long as you think carefully and consider whether you still want those words on your feet when you're 50, go for it.

Also, one word such as "Rapture" can be placed somewhere discreet and easily hidden by shoes, perhaps a long phrase cant.

ReputationRep:
    oh for the love of all that is decent, DON'T!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romeos*****)
    I dont see how a foot tattoo is tacky though, i think the words are tacky and going to lose their significance but I think a nicely done foot tattoo can be classy..

And as well, if you get something meaningful on your foot it can be like your feet taking you onwards to a new destination.
    I totally agree, I love the idea of foot tatoos, and i'm gonna have one in the future when i've finally built up the courage and made sure the words are right.

I think feet are awful, so making them slightly prettier is a good plan.

The other thing with foot tattoos to think about is the condition of the tatoo, apparantly they fade a lot quicker and don't heal as well on feet, (im not too knowledgable) but its something else to think about!!! xxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laursy)
    no seriously i want something not loads of other people have!
    If you want something not everyone else has, dont get a tattoo.
    Everyone and their dog has a tattoo these days

Myself included

ReputationRep:
    im going to seriously reconsider what im going to have done!! maybe a flower design on my foot instead ive seen loads of nice ones!!

ReputationRep:
    i'd agree - dont get wording because u may not liek it in 20 years

You can;t beat HAMMER TIME tho.

Or a bit of ICE ICE BABY will always go down well..plus you could always do the moves when someone reads it..

ReputationRep:
    im going to seriously reconsider what im going to have done!! maybe a flower design on my foot instead ive seen loads of nice ones!!
    That definitely sounds a better idea than lyrics!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think that's a much better idea. You would have seriously regretted the other one. A flower is cute and inconspicious, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Heck yes it will look tacky. I personally hate tattos, particularly on women, I don't think I've ever looked at a tattooed person and thought it looked good. That tattoo will just look stupid, messy, tacky and tarty, and you would seriously regret it a few years down the line.

If you're that set on getting a tattoo - though I really can't see why anyone would be, even if it had some personal significance to them - why don't you get a semi-permanent one done? That way you won't have a disgusting and unsightly bit of ink on saggy skin when you're 60.

ReputationRep:
    Some foot tattoos are adorable, some are trashy. I think that goes for any tattoo. Maybe get something other than those words? Seems like a lot of writing for a foot.

By the by, isn't it supposed to be super painful on feet?

ReputationRep:
    I dont like tatts on the feet. Get something on ya hip instead.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.