Making changes to last years payments

    • Thread Starter


    I'm a third year now, and for the first time I am a receiving a grant although I was eligible for it since first year. So for the first two years of my uni I have been using a loan which was unnecessary. My parents have had no change in income and the evidence provided this year was the same as the previous years although they said it wasn't enough which I couldn't seem to figure out. So my question is would it be possible to change the previous two years of maintenance loans into a grant?

    At the time there might have been an issue with the online service because everyone else I knew applied online but I filled out a form and posted? My own brother was able to get the grant he applied for, while I was being asked for extra evidence? Could someone please shed some light into this issue?



    As we cannot access your account on The Student Room I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0607. We can access your account to check why you did not receive the maintenance grant. It would not be possible to change a loan into a grant.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team
Today on TSR
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.