?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks for the rep Shady. :p:
Dark and Lovely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You lot are harsh! Congrats OP BUT! The question in the title is quite stupid however its annoying when you see a string of As and then a rogue B...but alas you have 6 AS levels! you're gonna take maximum 4 A levels so its all good, if it bugs you that much or you were close to an A ask for a remark.
brown
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dark and Lovely)
You lot are harsh! Congrats OP BUT! The question in the title is quite stupid however its annoying when you see a string of As and then a rogue B...but alas you have 6 AS levels! you're gonna take maximum 4 A levels so its all good, if it bugs you that much or you were close to an A ask for a remark.
I don't think we've been that harsh tbh. How would you feel if you got DDD and missed out on your university offer and someone came up to you and said: 'I got AAAAA and a B in Physics. I'm really disappointed with the B'?

Crankycaz is right: the OP needs a reality check .
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ obviously but they are just neurotic about grades...you can't say you aren't brown! I know i am....you can see that from the results thread.
brown
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dark and Lovely)
^ obviously but they are just neurotic about grades...you can't say you aren't brown! I know i am....you can see that from the results thread.
Yeah true we're all really worried in the results thread . But still, I wouldn't create a thread just to say that I'm disappointed with a B when I've got like 5 A's anyway. I'd think about other people who didn't do as well as me.
crankycaz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
*nods*

When I got my results I wouldn't have dreamed about whining about the B in maths, because I felt I was lucky to have gotten 5 As in my other subjects!
brown
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by crankycaz)
*nods*

When I got my results I wouldn't have dreamed about whining about the B in maths, because I felt I was lucky to have gotten 5 As in my other subjects!
Seems like some people don't appreciate what they've got!
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They stop caring after the third A, never mind the fifth.
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ lmao true that.
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, if you really can't stand the sight of a B diminishing your string of 5 As, just goddamn decline it.
blondevalkyrie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by paul1989)
I think this thread was made just so the poster could brag about their results:p:

well done
I agree!
Cassie89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
To actually answer the question (instead of having a go at someone who obviously worked hard last year), it looks better to have that extra AS than to not have it. It's a bit of a waste of your effort to just decline it.

But when we're all getting tense about making our uni offers, don't be suprised when people are a little cranky about your good results
Suc-Cesc!!!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's your AS result - it doesn't count for anything after your A-levels. I'll be honest, I did 6 AS's last year, and if I had got AAAAAB then I would've been slightly disappointed, since I was expecting on getting the 6 - but at this stage, I can honestly tell you it means nothing.
stephen_1990
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Nichrome)
Yeah, if you really can't stand the sight of a B diminishing your string of 5 As, just goddamn decline it.
Out of interest, can you decline a GCSE C grade? I took it 2 years ago but last year, i took two subjects that are very much the same but superior in some ways and i got 2Bs. Can i decline that C grade i took earlier? Do i have to do it with the exam board or i just ignore the certificate.:confused:
stephen_1990
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Suc-Cesc!!!)
It's your AS result - it doesn't count for anything after your A-levels. I'll be honest, I did 6 AS's last year, and if I had got AAAAAB then I would've been slightly disappointed, since I was expecting on getting the 6
Exactly, i was expecting 6 and that's why i felt disappointed.

(Original post by Suc-Cesc!!!)
but at this stage, I can honestly tell you it means nothing.
yeah, people get over things like this, when they've got their offers.
memorex
Report 11 years ago
well why dont you resit it next year in jan although its really good and unis wont really care about it as long as you have 5 A's in the essential subjects
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't be so bloody stupid. If this is the sort of feckless gimp that we can expect to satisfy entry-requirements at the world's pre-eminent academic institutions, I really do despair for the cultural future of humankind.
paul1989
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by stephen_1990)
Out of interest, can you decline a GCSE C grade? I took it 2 years ago but last year, i took two subjects that are very much the same but superior in some ways and i got 2Bs. Can i decline that C grade i took earlier? Do i have to do it with the exam board or i just ignore the certificate.:confused:
So you are getting all these As at AS level, yet you got 2 Bs at GCSE level the same year. Surely the GCSEs were easier then the AS levels
Gars de baccalaureats
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
op you are a hole of a bum
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?