Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to buy school shoes? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I wanted to know where people get their school shoes in the UK. I've previously always been a ballerina flat fan and have been getting mine from Deichmann (which I find to be the most affordable place with a bit of variety and fair quality) but I want to try something new, comfortable and more supportive of my feet. I was thinking lace-ups and looked on the Deichmann website but I don't like the style of them. Could you perhaps suggest some places I could look? Here is the list of places I have looked so far:

Clarks (too expensive)
    Deichmann
    Shoe Zone (quality isn't that great)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    Hi! I wanted to know where people get their school shoes in the UK. I've previously always been a ballerina flat fan and have been getting mine from Deichmann (which I find to be the most affordable place with a bit of variety and fair quality) but I want to try something new, comfortable and more supportive of my feet. I was thinking lace-ups and looked on the Deichmann website but I don't like the style of them. Could you perhaps suggest some places I could look? Here is the list of places I have looked so far:

Clarks (too expensive)
    Deichmann
    Shoe Zone (quality isn't that great)
    My Mum ALWAYS took me to Brantano for school shoes and Sports Direct for trainers, so I think they're pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    foot locker. sports direct. JD.

ReputationRep:
    Mopatop's shop.

ReputationRep:
    Clarks is expensive but it's worth it , better than tht shoezone crap tht tears apart in a matter of weeks. A good pair from clarks can easily last the school year.

ReputationRep:
    JD.
    Kickers were quiet ****. I got those cute one as they suit me and after like a month the weren't shiny anymore.

So I got trainers for about 6 months for end of year. But then they looked quiet bad for school and everyone would wear normal shoes and mines were air maxes. So I got new boots from Foot locker with furry lining but the buttons fell off. But they are so good, lasted more longer than my kickers and im guessing they'll last a lifetime. I got them for £85.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Clarke is so worth it
    I've always bought my shoes from Clarks and they last me for so long (3-4 years for some pairs)
    I also do have a pair of Deichmann shoes which I also like to go to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a pair of D+G's which cost me £300 they lasted 3 years (as daily shoes on a guy who can ruin a pair of construction boots in six months)
    expensive at the time yes but they cost 35p a day at that rate which isn't that bad (it'd cost the same if I'd said with the boots but these were better)

ReputationRep:
    New Look has good ones

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.