Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate sixth form. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    To keep it short, I started sixth form and I hate it. There's nothing inherently wrong with the school I just regret coming to this kind of environment.

I do French, Maths, Business and Media. French is the only one I enjoy, I hate all the others with a burning passion.

I would have 100 percent gone to college if I could have studied french there, I enjoy had a place on a games art course but declined to go to sixth form. I don't want to regret that decision for 2 years.

The games art course would have only been 3 days a week, is it too late to go back to it?

More importantly if i do this, is there any way I can study french in my other 2 days a week that I don't have to go to college? If so I will 100 percent change to whatever option this is, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noxull)
    To keep it short, I started sixth form and I hate it. There's nothing inherently wrong with the school I just regret coming to this kind of environment.

I do French, Maths, Business and Media. French is the only one I enjoy, I hate all the others with a burning passion.

I would have 100 percent gone to college if I could have studied french there, I enjoy had a place on a games art course but declined to go to sixth form. I don't want to regret that decision for 2 years.

The games art course would have only been 3 days a week, is it too late to go back to it?

More importantly if i do this, is there any way I can study french in my other 2 days a week that I don't have to go to college? If so I will 100 percent change to whatever option this is, thanks.
    e-mail or phone the college or tell someone at 6th form

ReputationRep:
    It's very early times and my college allow people to change their courses until mid-October, so if you get in contact w/ the college or w.e you should definitely be able to do something as it's only been 3/4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    It's very early times and my college allow people to change their courses until mid-October, so if you get in contact w/ the college or w.e you should definitely be able to do something as it's only been 3/4 weeks.
    Mid October? My sixth form college only allowed people to change courses till last Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    But is it likely that I'm going to be able to do my 2 year games art course and find an equivalent to a french A-Level at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    If you just started out ,most schools offer students the chance to still change subjects within the first few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    Mid October? My sixth form college only allowed people to change courses till last Friday
    Yeah our college has late-start versions of courses which begin mid/late October and that's what you go onto.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.