Probably an extremely stupid question but one I'd just like to clarify. Watch

Leon_Baratheon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm taking FSMQ Add Maths this year, and I was wondering whether we'd have to state our answer in a certain form (or whether in can be in any form and the markers know what they're doing and understand that some answers are different but mean the same thing).

For example, let's say the answer book says the answer is 'a-b=5' and I wrote it as 'a=5+b'. They mean the same, but would the examiner look at it and say 'Oh, the answer book says this different thing, so this must be wrong' or would they know that they're just different ways of expressing it?

Again, this is probably a stupid question but I'd just like to make sure.
username2246259
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Leon_Baratheon)
So I'm taking FSMQ Add Maths this year, and I was wondering whether we'd have to state our answer in a certain form (or whether in can be in any form and the markers know what they're doing and understand that some answers are different but mean the same thing).

For example, let's say the answer book says the answer is 'a-b=5' and I wrote it as 'a=5+b'. They mean the same, but would the examiner look at it and say 'Oh, the answer book says this different thing, so this must be wrong' or would they know that they're just different ways of expressing it?

Again, this is probably a stupid question but I'd just like to make sure.
Markers will usually have some background knowledge in the field they're marking, and so they will be able to interpret your answer, if it's in a different form, to see if it matches.
Leon_Baratheon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by AlexFam)
Markers will usually have some background knowledge in the field they're marking, and so they will be able to interpret your answer, if it's in a different form, to see if it matches.
That's good to know. Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1647)
78.77%
Leave (444)
21.23%

Watched Threads