Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have just got my predicted grades (I still have two more to go my History and Extended project) I am looking to study History at University and two of my top choices have the entry requirements of 3A's, with the hope that I get this grade predicted in History, I am not sure if I will due to being predicted a B in Sociology. I gained a low B in the exam but I know I can get an A if I work hard, I don't believe this is a true reflection of my abilities, as I received ABBB at AS, and could instead tried a lot harder and was expecting lower results. Is there anything I can do that will make him predict me an A, I can't stop worrying about it at is I have to hand in my application soon.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10studentlife)
    Hi everyone,

I have just got my predicted grades (I still have two more to go my History and Extended project) I am looking to study History at University and two of my top choices have the entry requirements of 3A's, with the hope that I get this grade predicted in History, I am not sure if I will due to being predicted a B in Sociology. I gained a low B in the exam but I know I can get an A if I work hard, I don't believe this is a true reflection of my abilities, as I received ABBB at AS, and could instead tried a lot harder and was expecting lower results. Is there anything I can do that will make him predict me an A, I can't stop worrying about it at is I have to hand in my application soon.

Thanks
    I'm afraid generally convincing a teacher to change your predicted grade wont work or do much good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I'm afraid generally convincing a teacher to change your predicted grade wont work or do much good.
    Sorry but I dont think its fair for a teacher to purely base your prediction upon an exam result which doesn't count and two they said they would also take into account my grades across the year, in which they had predicted me an A beforehand, so I don't think it's that far of a stress, they told us to treat it like a mock and now they are basing it purely against one grade. I am convinced I can get an A... What makes you say this?

ReputationRep:
    your predicted grade doesn't really matter, it's the result you should focus on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twix15)
    your predicted grade doesn't really matter, it's the result you should focus on.
    I see that, otherwise I wouldn't be worrying. But it sort of does if I need to secure a place at the University I want to go to.

ReputationRep:
    I see that, otherwise I wouldn't be worrying. But it sort of does if I need to secure a place at the University I want to go to.
    is your predicted grade based on just that exam?

ReputationRep:
    It seems so. As before the exam I was predicted an A, my other teacher (who has now left) thought I was even capable of gaining an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I dont think its fair for a teacher to purely base your prediction upon an exam result which doesn't count and two they said they would also take into account my grades across the year, in which they had predicted me an A beforehand, so I don't think it's that far of a stress, they told us to treat it like a mock and now they are basing it purely against one grade. I am convinced I can get an A... What makes you say this?
    Mock exams can often be used as one thing to predict grades with, in their eyes "treating it like a mock" may have meant they wanted you to use it as a good practice opportunity to get yourself that A.

It's the only thing that they have in exam conditions to go off, most people would do better in class work so they couldn't just go off that and with a2 work considered more difficult could just be concerned that you'd drop to a B in the real exam.

ReputationRep:

It seems so. As before the exam I was predicted an A, my other teacher (who has now left) thought I was even capable of gaining an A*.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll probably get predicted an A. good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    i just asked mine and he said okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    i just asked mine and he said okay
    I hope that is the same for me haha.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll probably get predicted an A. good luck
    He hasn't yet changed it however he is making me do an assessment and seeing how I do on it.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.