Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I got a level grades much higher than what I was expecting after only being predicted a BCC, I got A* in psychology, A in geography and A in religious studies. With such grades I want to apply to Newcastle, Sheffield, Leeds and York university. I have the a level grades to get in and my personal statement and experience is relatively good but nothing out of the ordinary. My problem is my 4th as level grade and my gcse grades, this year I finally got extra time in my exams and diagnosed with dyspraxia, however at gcse and as level i did not have this, which I believe at the time could of really helped me. I have an e in as biology, which just puts me of applying altogether, I know how bad it must look on my application. My gcse's are 1A*1A, 6Bs and 1C, which I realise aren't the worst in the world, but I just don't think they're good enough to study law. I do plan to write about the reasons for such bad grades at AS and GCSE but I'm not sure it'll have too much impact. Basically I want to know, do I stand any chance of getting in to any of these, don't be scared to be brutally honest with me, I don't want to waste my time applying to unis I have no chance in getting into.

ReputationRep:
    If you plan to write about those reasons then ask your reference to - DO NOT put them in your personal statement, you're supposed to show off not talk negatively. But honestly I would say yes to applying to those universities but just ensure you have a back up with lesser entry requirements (like anyone else)
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Ameliaplatton6)
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I got a level grades much higher than what I was expecting after only being predicted a BCC, I got A* in psychology, A in geography and A in religious studies. With such grades I want to apply to Newcastle, Sheffield, Leeds and York university. I have the a level grades to get in and my personal statement and experience is relatively good but nothing out of the ordinary. My problem is my 4th as level grade and my gcse grades, this year I finally got extra time in my exams and diagnosed with dyspraxia, however at gcse and as level i did not have this, which I believe at the time could of really helped me. I have an e in as biology, which just puts me of applying altogether, I know how bad it must look on my application. My gcse's are 1A*1A, 6Bs and 1C, which I realise aren't the worst in the world, but I just don't think they're good enough to study law. I do plan to write about the reasons for such bad grades at AS and GCSE but I'm not sure it'll have too much impact. Basically I want to know, do I stand any chance of getting in to any of these, don't be scared to be brutally honest with me, I don't want to waste my time applying to unis I have no chance in getting into.
    Yes. Dont worry. get your referee to mention it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.