Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He says im being controlling.... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So this isn't going to be one of those long relationship posts, basically i have been in a relationship with my b for about 2.5 months now, and every time i come to his house, his bedroom is messy and all that. When i tell him to clean it up (and i even offer to help!) he used to do it but now he's like like "stop being so controlling!" "why don't you be my girlfriend instead of trying to be my mum!" You guys probably think this is so little but i'm that person who hates messy things and gets so agitated around messy rooms and ppl, how can i stop being like this? Or how can i talk to my b to resolve this issue?

Thank you
    QueenGIGI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenGIGI)
    So this isn't going to be one of those long relationship posts, basically i have been in a relationship with my b for about 2.5 months now, and every time i come to his house, his bedroom is messy and all that. When i tell him to clean it up (and i even offer to help!) he used to do it but now he's like like "stop being so controlling!" "why don't you be my girlfriend instead of trying to be my mum!" You guys probably think this is so little but i'm that person who hates messy things and gets so agitated around messy rooms and ppl, how can i stop being like this? Or how can i talk to my b to resolve this issue?

Thank you
    QueenGIGI
    Some people are naturally messy, doubt he will ever change. He's probably a teen, too, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Some people are naturally messy, doubt he will ever change. He's probably a teen, too, right?
    I guess so, I guess i will hv to try rlly hard to ignore it
    No lol he's 22

ReputationRep:
    you should probably get a man instead of a child as a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I guess so, I guess i will hv to try rlly hard to ignore it
    No lol he's 22
    Oh god, then it's too late for him, the chances of him changing are now about 0.1%..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnowledgeIsBest)
    you should probably get a man instead of a child as a boyfriend.
    Mmm, but i love him so much, such a little thing shouldn't bother me tbh. Dunno what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Oh god, then it's too late for him, the chances of him changing are now about 0.1%..........
    Oh dear, then what should i do!?!

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's kinda controlling to him, he must find it annoying because you're probably nagging him about the same things his mom does but I do see where you're coming from, you don't want a messy boyfriend and you obviously like things to be clean. I guess you should just leave him to it, it's his mess therefore it's his problem, just don't worry about it. If it really bothers you don't go in his room, just hang out with him in another room. Or you could invite him to yours.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, then what should i do!?!
    Well if you like clean houses, I can't imagine you two living together in the future..... unless you're willing to do all the housechores :/ idk you probably can't do anything now though, since you don't live together

ReputationRep:

Thank you
    QueenGIGI
    Tell him your parents got divorced once because your dad was being too messy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiran.malik123)
    I guess it's kinda controlling to him, he must find it annoying because you're probably nagging him about the same things his mom does but I do see where you're coming from, you don't want a messy boyfriend and you obviously like things to be clean. I guess you should just leave him to it, it's his mess therefore it's his problem, just don't worry about it. If it really bothers you don't go in his room, just hang out with him in another room. Or you could invite him to yours.
    Yes yes i see ur point, just like i hated my mum telling me to do things when i was a child .
    I dont wanna break up with him other such a small thing tho, like he treats me like a queen, hes such a grt guy.
    Yes i might just chill with him in another room I will apologize tonight for being annoying .
    Thank u for ur help

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes i see ur point, just like i hated my mum telling me to do things when i was a child .
    I dont wanna break up with him other such a small thing tho, like he treats me like a queen, hes such a grt guy.
    Yes i might just chill with him in another room I will apologize tonight for being annoying .
    Thank u for ur help
    you're welcome& I'm glad I could help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Well if you like clean houses, I can't imagine you two living together in the future..... unless you're willing to do all the housechores :/ idk you probably can't do anything now though, since you don't live together
    Its only him bedroom what is messy (his kitchen is only a bit messy), so if we live together i wont mind at all cleaning the bedroom, and i will wash up and stuff just like the normal wife.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The same man you want to marry and have kids with right?

Better get used to it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    The same man you want to marry and have kids with right?

Better get used to it then
    Lol thats actually true , but if u was like me u would know how hard it is

ReputationRep:
    Its only him bedroom what is messy (his kitchen is only a bit messy), so if we live together i wont mind at all cleaning the bedroom, and i will wash up and stuff just like the normal wife.

I'm a little worried that you don't find "washing up and stuff" something a normal husband would do. I'm sure you didn't mean it like that...but just watch out if he is strong on his gender role and he expects you to clean up after him.... it's going to feel like a long marriage if it's already a problem after 2.5 months.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.