Universities for economics Watch

Blue Butterfly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My deadline is tomorrow and I'm still unsure as to where I want to apply. I'm applying to Oxford because my parents would like me to.

But this leaves me with four options left. I feel like I should have a back up, which would be Southampton.

I then have to decide between; LSE, UCL, Nottingham and Warwick. Initially I thought the first three but it's very unlikely that i'll get an offer from LSE or UCL just because it is so competitive and now I don't know what to do. Should I apply to Warwick instead of LSE, or should I apply to these four and not Southampton or would that be a stupid thing to do because that would leave me with no back up.

I'm just really confused especially since tomorrow is my deadline.
swansea jack 1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blue Butterfly)
My deadline is tomorrow and I'm still unsure as to where I want to apply. I'm applying to Oxford because my parents would like me to.

But this leaves me with four options left. I feel like I should have a back up, which would be Southampton.

I then have to decide between; LSE, UCL, Nottingham and Warwick. Initially I thought the first three but it's very unlikely that i'll get an offer from LSE or UCL just because it is so competitive and now I don't know what to do. Should I apply to Warwick instead of LSE, or should I apply to these four and not Southampton or would that be a stupid thing to do because that would leave me with no back up.

Firstly you don't show subjects or predicted grades. LSE in particular looks for Maths and Further Maths. Do you meet the LSE requirements. If you do for it. If not dont apply.
ageshallnot
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Even if your school deadline is tomorrow you don't have to fill in all five choices. You can pick those you are sure about and add the rest later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blue Butterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by swansea jack 1)
Firstly you don't show subjects or predicted grades. LSE in particular looks for Maths and Further Maths. Do you meet the LSE requirements. If you do for it. If not dont apply.

I'm currently taking maths, further maths, economics and physics and am predicted A*A*AA
DamnDaniel2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Even if your school deadline is tomorrow you don't have to fill in all five choices. You can pick those you are sure about and add the rest later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
^^^ this! My brother did this and waited to see if she got an offer and then she applied to better uni's since she had that one as a back up (she got an offer).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blue Butterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by DamnDaniel2)
^^^ this! My brother did this and waited to see if she got an offer and then she applied to better uni's since she had that one as a back up (she got an offer).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry how does that work, I though you had to submit your five choices together?
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm sorry how does that work, I though you had to submit your five choices together?
Nope. Just put one choice (presumably Oxford in your case), send it and then later add the other choices on Track. You pay a reduced UCAS fee for the first university, and then pay a bit more the first time you add more universities.

Just be aware you can't change any other aspect of your application - i.e. you can't change your Personal Statement or Reference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (140)
46.51%
Pro-humanity (161)
53.49%