Difference between a BsC and a Master of Arts (Honours)?

University Navigation

    • Thread Starter

    St Andrews has both for Economics and I don't know which one to put down in my UCAS application

    The differences are given here. ETA particulary note the differences in entrance requirments.

    You'll get a BSc from the science faculty and a BA-equivalent (called an MA) from the arts faculty.

    Notably if you are in the science faculty you have to take 2 science/maths modules in your first 2 years. Also, in general faculty of arts students may struggle to get onto oversubscribed science modules and vice versa (generally only applies to IR, which faculty of science students usually can't do without special permission).
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.