Help Watch

Invest123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Don't know where this should be posted so I'm putting it here also want to get into investment banking in the future.

I run a business during my university studies which I make 0 money from, I mainly started it to take on responsibility for my future career choice. Should I have registered this business with company's house. I have given my "company" a name but I only do the work for family or family's friends.

I do not take any money from any clients rather just do the job for free.

I should also mention that I have put this on my CV as one of my Current employments. Should I put something beneath it like Its done on a voluntary basis since I don't take any money from it. Been doing it for 2 years.
BigTraderBoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Invest123)
Don't know where this should be posted so I'm putting it here also want to get into investment banking in the future.

I run a business during my university studies which I make 0 money from, I mainly started it to take on responsibility for my future career choice. Should I have registered this business with company's house. I have given my "company" a name but I only do the work for family or family's friends.

I do not take any money from any clients rather just do the job for free.

I should also mention that I have put this on my CV as one of my Current employments. Should I put something beneath it like Its done on a voluntary basis since I don't take any money from it. Been doing it for 2 years.
No you dint, you can put it on your cv
IBFUTURE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would assume It's okay on your CV. If you get an interview I would mention what you said above about the responsibility bit.
pmc:producer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You don't have a business - you do odd jobs for free (for friends). There's a big difference.
IBFUTURE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by pmc:producer)
You don't have a business - you do odd jobs for free (for friends). There's a big difference.
If he does a set job for many clients I would say he has a business, If it is odd jobs like anything from taking the bins out and then the next day fixing their car, then I would agree with you it's not a business.
IBFUTURE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I like to put a little disclaimer that these are only my views on the situation and I am not trying to disrespect others on this thread.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads