The Student Room Group

Quit my apprenticeship and go to uni next year? Investment Banking

Hi there,

On the 5th september i started an apprenticeship for an investment bank, fresh from sixth form and on a good wage. I've always thought i'd like to work in the front office of an investment bank, maybe not a sales and trading position, but certainly something which involves client facing.

The title of my apprenticeship is Investment operations, which is back office obviously, but i was told that i would be getting a lot of experience in the front office - which i thought would be great because it might give me a good chance of getting a front office role. I received my apprenticeship schedule, and i am feeling very mis - sold, as i am actually only in the front office for one month out of the whole 24.

So at the moment i am stuck in operations, which i knew is something that i didn't want to do because its basically administration, which i find so boring.

What do i do? Do i carry on the apprenticeship in the hope that this one month in the front office might land me a job there (chances are slim i'm thinking), or do i quit and go the traditional route, by applying to uni next year and studying economics? I am really stuck.
Don’t know why nobody as replied to this, how have you been getting on? Did you quit the job and go to uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending