Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quit my apprenticeship and go to uni next year? Investment Banking Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

On the 5th september i started an apprenticeship for an investment bank, fresh from sixth form and on a good wage. I've always thought i'd like to work in the front office of an investment bank, maybe not a sales and trading position, but certainly something which involves client facing.

The title of my apprenticeship is Investment operations, which is back office obviously, but i was told that i would be getting a lot of experience in the front office - which i thought would be great because it might give me a good chance of getting a front office role. I received my apprenticeship schedule, and i am feeling very mis - sold, as i am actually only in the front office for one month out of the whole 24.

So at the moment i am stuck in operations, which i knew is something that i didn't want to do because its basically administration, which i find so boring.

What do i do? Do i carry on the apprenticeship in the hope that this one month in the front office might land me a job there (chances are slim i'm thinking), or do i quit and go the traditional route, by applying to uni next year and studying economics? I am really stuck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.