Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to lose weight as a teenager? Also, am i food intolerant ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi, i am really conscious about my weight... and i really don't know how to lose weight. I have tried everything... kickboxing, swimming, gym and healthy eating (since my mum doesn't really let me eat any chocolate, sweets etc). I've even tried weight loss tea, but NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK... and its making me really stressed. As well as that, i seem to always get headaches/migraines and I AM ALWAYS ALWAYS bloated, even if i don't eat anything. Why am i so bloated ?? Yes, i am hydrated, i don't over eat. I've researched if i am food intolerant, but i cannot find any results... I am planning on joining some type of boxing club with my friend soon... so hopefully that will help. Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Eat less. Track your food and weight every day for a week. If you gained weight over the week, multiply the weight gained by 3500 kcal/lb or 9000 kcal/kg. Deduct this from your weekly calories and an extra 500 per day to put you in about a 3500 Calorie weekly deficit, which will equate to 1lb of fat loss per week. Eat foods to meet this requirement.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beahappybee)
    hi, i am really conscious about my weight... and i really don't know how to lose weight. I have tried everything... kickboxing, swimming, gym and healthy eating (since my mum doesn't really let me eat any chocolate, sweets etc). I've even tried weight loss tea, but NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK... and its making me really stressed. As well as that, i seem to always get headaches/migraines and I AM ALWAYS ALWAYS bloated, even if i don't eat anything. Why am i so bloated ?? Yes, i am hydrated, i don't over eat. I've researched if i am food intolerant, but i cannot find any results... I am planning on joining some type of boxing club with my friend soon... so hopefully that will help. Thanks guys!
    It'd be worth popping into your GP to see what they suggest. It sounds like you've tried a lot of sensible things. There are a number of reasons why you may find it particularly difficult to lose weight, and they'd be able to help you out. Even if nothing is wrong, they'd be able to help you lose weight. They'll also be able to advise you on whether you may have food intolerances and what to avoid eating if necessary

ReputationRep:
    Weight loss = calorie deficit, Eating healthy means nothing if you aren't eating less cals than you burn, google TDEE calculator and eat 20% less than what it gives you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beahappybee)
    I suggest talking to your doctor. They can run some tests to make sure you aren't intolerant to anything and don't have any other digestive issues and depending on what they find they can give you the best advise on how to loose weight in your situation. Before you go I suggest you start a food diary so you can see if any foods in particular cause you problems. This will help point the doctor in the right direction. You might also like to read up on things like intoleraces, ibs and oter digestive and bowel issues before you go to give you a better idea of what is being considered. I would write down all of the things you want to talk about including any symptoms, foods you think irritate you and concerns you have as it can be easy to miss things durin an appointmnt and it helps to make sure everythig is included.

Generally for weight loss exercise and a good diet are the main components. A good diet means not eating too much, eating a balanced diet that isn't too heavy or limited in any group and being mindful of any specific needs for you (like if you're lactose intollerant or find that specific foods cause problems for you. Do bare in mind that if you are exercising heavily you will need to adapt your diet accordingly (usually by adding more protien etc). You could ask a doctor to help you with this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.