Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello ! I am completely stuck on what uni to put down or my 5 choices, I know its between a 7 of Bristol, Bath, Southampton, Surrey, Nottingham, Glasgow and Queens. AS Levels I got 4 A's and I am predicted A*A*A.....

But Bristol and Bath who have very high reputations for Aerospace are leading the line for me. So I want to put one of the 2 down.

Bristol offers
    Aerospace Engineering with Study in Continental Europe (H401)

While Bath offers: MEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering Five years with placement (H423)

I'm unsure as to which one to put down as i dont know if the study abroad is better than placement or what?

ReputationRep:
    Well for Bristol you can do a year in industry as well, even if it's not advertised.

As for which one's better that's completely up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    Well for Bristol you can do a year in industry as well, even if it's not advertised.

As for which one's better that's completely up to you.
    How do you know? ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure the Bath option doesnt include a year abroad as well? Awfully strange if it didn't considering Uni of Hertforshire has it on their Aerospace Eng course and they are..well..lesser caliber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KardasDragon)
    Are you sure the Bath option doesnt include a year abroad as well? Awfully strange if it didn't considering Uni of Hertforshire has it on their Aerospace Eng course and they are..well..lesser caliber.
    I want a year in industry if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldm49)
    How do you know? ahaha
    1) Because it would be odd if they didn't

2) http://bristolaeroadmissions.blogspo...ments-for.html
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldm49)
    Hello ! I am completely stuck on what uni to put down or my 5 choices, I know its between a 7 of Bristol, Bath, Southampton, Surrey, Nottingham, Glasgow and Queens. AS Levels I got 4 A's and I am predicted A*A*A.....

But Bristol and Bath who have very high reputations for Aerospace are leading the line for me. So I want to put one of the 2 down.

Bristol offers
    Aerospace Engineering with Study in Continental Europe (H401)

While Bath offers: MEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering Five years with placement (H423)

I'm unsure as to which one to put down as i dont know if the study abroad is better than placement or what?
    An actual placement is "better" in terms of job prospects as it gives you actual engineering experience. I haven't seen much evidence so far that employers are particularly interested in whether you did or did not study abroad for a year, although if it's something you want to do, certainly do it.

Although I don't see why both could not be fitted into a degree programme.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.