Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I ignore her? Watch

Announcements

A girl rejected me the other day when I asked her to hang out saying she just wants to be friends. I thanked her for being so honest and she was totally cool with that. If she is in a room now and she notices she leaves quickly with a friend but earlier she was walking passed playing with her hair. Should I ignore her also?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A girl rejected me the other day when I asked her to hang out saying she just wants to be friends. I thanked her for being so honest and she was totally cool with that. If she is in a room now and she notices she leaves quickly with a friend but earlier she was walking passed playing with her hair. Should I ignore her also?
    It sounds like she is being immature and not actually sticking to being friends. I wouldn't ignore her, but also wouldn't go out of my way to make a huge effort if she is going to be like that. I hope it goes well and gets sorted soon

(Original post by VaticanCameos)
    It sounds like she is being immature and not actually sticking to being friends. I wouldn't ignore her, but also wouldn't go out of my way to make a huge effort if she is going to be like that. I hope it goes well and gets sorted soon
    I passed her this morning when I went out and as soon as she noticed me coming she turned round to talk to me. I wished her a good morning and intended to leave it there but she continued the conversation by asking what I was up to. She was smiling at me constantly and made constant eye contact. I am so confused, what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    I passed her this morning when I went out and as soon as she noticed me coming she turned round to talk to me. I wished her a good morning and intended to leave it there but she continued the conversation by asking what I was up to. She was smiling at me constantly and made constant eye contact. I am so confused, what do I do?
    I think she just wants to be friends and pretend it didn't happen... maybe..... so just act like nothing did?

(Original post by ProbablyJade)
    I think she just wants to be friends and pretend it didn't happen... maybe..... so just act like nothing did?
    I think she does; she stills seems overly friendly, though. Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    I think she does; she stills seems overly friendly, though. Thanks for your help
    Sounds like she's being overly friendly to compensate for the fact that she rejected you. Wouldn't overthink this though.

ReputationRep:
    Calm and collected.
    Rejection sucks, but she's made her decision.
    I wouldn't ignore her (Doesn't end well), just, as mentioned, don't make a huge effort to please her or you feel the NEED to start a conversation, let it be natural, friendly chat and that's it really.
    (Overthinking gets you in a whole lot of trouble)

(Original post by Kre)
    Sounds like she's being overly friendly to compensate for the fact that she rejected you. Wouldn't overthink this though.
    She was overly friendly before I asked her out, hence I got the impression she liked me. I overthink everything so your answer is most helpful, thanks!

(Original post by ForcomeAnarchist)
    Calm and collected.
    Rejection sucks, but she's made her decision.
    I wouldn't ignore her (Doesn't end well), just, as mentioned, don't make a huge effort to please her or you feel the NEED to start a conversation, let it be natural, friendly chat and that's it really.
    (Overthinking gets you in a whole lot of trouble)
    I completely respect her decision and I completely get it. I'm pretty much doing as you said, I'll just be polite and if she wants a conversation I'll go along with it. I agree, overthinking is the bane of my life haha. Thanks v much

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.