The Student Room Group

Really bricking it over my final year project :( getting too much for me

I need to self-teach myself MatLab, the entire project basically depends on me developing a simulation in MatLab.

I've only ever used Java.

I'm just *****ing myself that this will fall through on me, and the simulation won't work. If I can't get the simulation correct the entire project is ****ed.

Really really ****ing worried about this now tbh

Anyone been in a similar situation where they are panicking over their project?
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
I need to self-teach myself MatLab, the entire project basically depends on me developing a simulation in MatLab.

I've only ever used Java.

I'm just *****ing myself that this will fall through on me, and the simulation won't work. If I can't get the simulation correct the entire project is ****ed.

Really really ****ing worried about this now tbh

Anyone been in a similar situation where they are panicking over their project?

If you're proficient at Java then I don't think you should get too worried about Matlab. It's the most straightforward language I have ever used, certainly a lot more straightforward than Java from the little I know about it.

I can absolutely guarantee that the simulation isn't going to work the first time you try it, that's just how developing these things work. I spent this summer developing a model (not directly in Matlab but I used it for the outputs) and the number of attempts it took to get it to work probably went into three figures. But you employ the scientific method just as you would with anything else, you do experiments to test working hypotheses and make improvements on the basis of that and eventually you'll get there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending