Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

gcse help advice tips!

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am taking my gcse's next year and I am stressing out. So many subjects that contain so many topics, its so so much! With new grading set in place it's getting much harder! Any tips and any motivational advice please would help

Any people who done their gcse's any tips, just wanted some advice and so inspirational things to keep me going!

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackymang12345)
    Hi
    I am taking my gcse's next year and I am stressing out. So many subjects that contain so many topics, its so so much! With new grading set in place it's getting much harder! Any tips and any motivational advice please would help

Any people who done their gcse's any tips, just wanted some advice and so inspirational things to keep me going!

Thanks guys
    Try splitting things into smaller sections, and just worry about the topics you are covering at the moment. Studying GCSE's is a gradual process, a bit like a long journey. While you are on that journey you only need to worry about where you are at the moment. As long as you are working you are moving forwards and will reach the end. Worrying about where you have already been is pointless because it's in the past. Worrying about where you are going is also pointless because you can do nothing about it until you actually get there.

If you find it stressful, definitely speak to your teachers. They will have planned your GCSE courses carefully so that the work is spread out and you cover everything that you need to in the time. They will be able to tell you whether or not you are on track or need to do a little more. If the stress affects your health they may also be able to adjust things to help.

Lastly, remember that exams are just one part of your life and who you are. Yes, they are quite important, but it is also important for you to have time for yourself. Make sure that you have time away from school work when you can do things that you enjoy. Don't feel guilty about it.

ReputationRep:
    Great advice Thank You

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.