When should I start revising? Watch

MeganMcAlister
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I recently started my AS levels and I'm studying biology (CCEA), history (CCEA), psychology (AQA) and religious studies (CCEA). Already I've noticed an increase in workload and more complex topics but i'd really appreciate recommendations on when to start hardcore studying for summer exams (and also any tips for any of the above subjects or for alevels in general)!
richpanda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4197729&page=7
Ordo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to aim for AAAA, revise now.
undercxver
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Now. Not hardcore revision tho.
Funnycatvideos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MeganMcAlister)
I recently started my AS levels and I'm studying biology (CCEA), history (CCEA), psychology (AQA) and religious studies (CCEA). Already I've noticed an increase in workload and more complex topics but i'd really appreciate recommendations on when to start hardcore studying for summer exams (and also any tips for any of the above subjects or for alevels in general)!
Start revising now
AdeptDz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's never too early, but it can be too late.
What would you prefer too early or too late?
Start now and make it a habit. Come exam time everything should be easy to you and you just have to quickly revise things.
Therefore you can go through subjects quickly and efficiently and focus on your weak points rather than focusing on the whole subject if you didn't revise constantly throughout the year.
Starting now should reflect in your grades being higher.
Good Luck!
MeganMcAlister
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by undercxver)
Now. Not hardcore revision tho.
I'm making revision notes as I go along for all subjects but how long should I study for in a day? (Considering that homework and note taking is time consuming enough)
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Now!
BasicMistake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The important thing is to make sure you actually know and understand the content as you go. Otherwise, you'll be lost further down the line.

In other words, revise now but you don't need to be cranking out past papers yet.
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
take this from someone who made this mistake and started revising january.... start now. create notes, do past paper questions and something no one told me (science in general) but look at exam questions which have nasty twists in. I couldnt do them as the lessons just made me hate myself and i couldnt deal with getting more stuff wrong but it wouldve been better if i did. Exams LOVE to give awful little twists, varying from confusing contexts to straight up super confusing question layout or even questions that look like theyre off spec!

TL;DR now, take it from me (got my AS', not very good) i started in january and didnt do well. Start basic now, no more than an hour per subject, give or take 30 mins if you struggle or not
undercxver
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MeganMcAlister)
I'm making revision notes as I go along for all subjects but how long should I study for in a day? (Considering that homework and note taking is time consuming enough)
I think do your homework every night and thats your daily revision. For your weekly revision I would suggest you go over content you learnt when you started the A level, that way old stuff would be refreshed in your mind and you wont forget it.

I don't ever know what to say when people ask how many hours lol. It really depends on how long you take to be confident with the content/past paper questions, it varies.
lottsyc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As a year 13 with experience, start consolidating your notes after each topic (e.g. into mindmaps) so you will have less to do at the end, annoying I know but IT WILL help! It doesn't even have to be much, just something to get you going later down the line!

howtoaceyouralevels.blogspot.com
A blog to help survive and succeed in the swirling vortex which is A Levels. Helpful revision tips and advice, updated regularly
lottsyc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
howtoaceyouralevels.blogspot.com
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1015)
79.11%
Leave (268)
20.89%

Watched Threads