The Student Room Group

How does student loan work in regards to University of London?

Hi there, I've recently been accepted to study business and management at the university of London. I have applied for student finance and have been told to wait 6 weeks for an answer, however to start the course I need to pay the registration fee. So what happens? When my student loan gets accepted will they just pay the fee, or do they transfer the money to me and I pay the fee? Is there anyway that I can start the course now or will I have to wait for the student finance?
Many thanks
Theo
Student loans are paid directly to the university, you won't be sent any money. I'm not sure why you need to pay a registration fee, maybe that's because you're doing the International Programme (I assume you are, as you've posted this in the Distance Learning forum). If you can't afford to pay the registration fee, or you think you shouldn't have to pay it, contact the university and explain your situation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Found this useful nugget of info of anyone else is in the same boat.

"If you are unable to send us your financial notification by 30 November, then you should pay your registration fees so that we can send out your materials and you can start studying. We will then refund your registration fee when we receive your financial notification and have provided the above confirmation to the Student Loans Company."

Quick Reply