The Student Room Group

college course

Hi my teachers keep not turning up to teach and when they do we dont seem to learn much.Im doing a college course at the moment and was just wondring if i should switch to a levels. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Original post by brigg
Hi my teachers keep not turning up to teach and when they do we dont seem to learn much.Im doing a college course at the moment and was just wondring if i should switch to a levels. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

What!?
You, and your parents, need to raise this with the college leadership. When you signed up to college the deal was that you would receive a good education. If the teachers are not there then you are being let down. If a teacher is ill then the head of department should ensure that you can still learn, maybe by getting someone else to take the lesson or by giving you the materials you need to be able to work independently. Be polite, but if the college leadership don't respond in a satisfactory manner mention that you are going to contact Ofsted. They won't like it, but tough, they need to sort their act out.
Choose the course that best suits your abilities and future career plans. Don't change your course just because the one you want is being badly taught. At the end of the day the college is being paid a lot of money to teach you, and they need to do their job properly.

Quick Reply

Latest