Hi! Watch

Sweetpeasw
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a sixth former, in my first year. I'm studying chemistry, biology art and german for A levels. Until September, I've bee home educated since 2008. My goal is to get into vet uni. I look forward to making new friends!
RossB1702
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sweetpeasw)
I'm a sixth former, in my first year. I'm studying chemistry, biology art and german for A levels. Until September, I've bee home educated since 2008. My goal is to get into vet uni. I look forward to making new friends!
Hey there welcome to TSR. May I ask how you're home schooling worked, did your mum and dad hire teachers or did they teach you themselves ? Just genuinely curious about these sort of things tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sweetpeasw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by RossB1702)
Hey there welcome to TSR. May I ask how you're home schooling worked, did your mum and dad hire teachers or did they teach you themselves ? Just genuinely curious about these sort of things tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Home schooling worked well, the final stretch before gcse was tough, but I ended up getting great grades. I went once a week to a gcse home ed tutoring group, I also did a correspondence course, and then my mum supported me with anything else. Generally, it went pretty well, although a lot of last minute cramming was involved! Usually, people assume that home schooled children have less friends, but I didn't find that to be the case....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (101)
19.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.86%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.49%

Watched Threads