Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Could you point out my flaws?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I know I have many flaws (please don't say I don't because that's not gonna help me).
    I was hoping someone could inform me of some and the best ways to over come them
    Spoiler:
    Show
    List:

Insecure
    Too introverted
    Low Self Esteem
    Self Concious
    Low Confidence
    Depressed a lot of the time

ReputationRep:
    What is the one thing that you love about yourself and would not change?

Low confidence - Being around friends or family might make you feel more confident in yourself.

Insecure - Watch this
    https://youtu.be/YFvFEOXkvMA

Depression - https://youtu.be/3gRkkJ5wmIg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    What is the one thing that you love about yourself and would not change?

Low confidence - Being around friends or family might make you feel more confident in yourself.

Insecure - Watch this
    https://youtu.be/YFvFEOXkvMA

Depression - https://youtu.be/3gRkkJ5wmIg
    My love of cars!

1: Family make me feel worse usually and my only friends are on here

2: Shall do

3: Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Hey all,

I know I have many flaws (please don't say I don't because that's not gonna help me).
    I was hoping someone could inform me of some and the best ways to over come them
    Spoiler:
    Show
    List:

Insecure
    Too introverted
    Low Self Esteem
    Self Concious
    Low Confidence
    Not that many from what I can glean from talking to you

Honestly, being introverted isn't a flaw, it's just a personality trait and it's due to the way brains are wired. The rest of what you mentioned aren't really character traits as such, just symptoms of your illnesses. Stop worrying because we will always be your friends not matter what :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Not that many from what I can glean from talking to you

Honestly, being introverted isn't a flaw, it's just a personality trait and it's due to the way brains are wired. The rest of what you mentioned aren't really character traits as such, just symptoms of your illnesses. Stop worrying because we will always be your friends not matter what :hugs:
    Are you sure about that?

Well maybe not but I can't hold a convo in person. I just can't think of anything to say, and when I do it's like an hour later :/
    Therefore my illnesses are flaws?
    I'm not worrying, just trying to improve myself!
    Aww! No wonder I fell for you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Spoiler:
    Show
    List:

Insecure
    Too introverted
    Low Self Esteem
    Self Concious
    Low Confidence
    Are you unhappy with your appearance man? Describe yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Are you unhappy with your appearance man? Describe yourself.
    Very much so.
    Ask Miss RedHead here about it to get an accurate description

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about that?

Well maybe not but I can't hold a convo in person. I just can't think of anything to say, and when I do it's like an hour later :/
    Therefore my illnesses are flaws?
    I'm not worrying, just trying to improve myself!
    Aww! No wonder I fell for you!
    Yes, I'm sure, why would I say it if I didn't think it to be so? :hugs:

That's just an introvert small talk hating thing. Dw about it, doesn't make you defective or anything

No. Your illnesses are not flaws at all! I didn't mean it so sound like that, I'm so sorry It's not your fault you're ill is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Yes, I'm sure, why would I say it if I didn't think it to be so? :hugs:

That's just an introvert small talk hating thing. Dw about it, doesn't make you defective or anything

No. Your illnesses are not flaws at all! I didn't mean it so sound like that, I'm so sorry It's not your fault you're ill is it?
    Hm no I don't imagine you would tbh.

Tbh I want to have a convo at times because people always avoid me otherwize! That hurts a lot!
    Well it makes everyone stay away from me.

No worries. No need to apologize.
    Well kind of tbh. If I didn't take things to heart, I wouldn't be in this mess.
    But I blame it on being bullied during my part time job.

ReputationRep:
    Very much so.
    Ask Miss RedHead here about it to get an accurate description
    AngryRedhead ^^^ ?

ReputationRep:
    My love of cars!

1: Family make me feel worse usually and my only friends are on here

2: Shall do

3: Thanks
    Remember that everyone has insecurities.

What makes you feel confident?
    You could fake it till you make it.
    Looking up when walking might make a difference.

ReputationRep:

True I guess

Nothing
    I'm not a faker Sarah
    I already do but I always get weird looks :cry2:

ReputationRep:

Personally, I find the whole "fake it till you make it" thing a bit pointless. If you don't like yourself, it's very noticeable. Especially to employers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    AngryRedhead ^^^ ?
    He has problems with his own appearance because he was bullied and called ugly earlier in his life. He looks alright really

ReputationRep:
    Truthfully the only flaw I perceive you to have is lack of confidence/self belief and after what you have been through, its no surprise, sadly. There's no quick fix which sucks but improvements can be made. If you feel worse being online then I would suggest a break from social media and even TSR as I have noticed it doesn't matter how many positive comments you get, you still feel as bad about yourself as ever and I think its time to self reflect and for you to see your true worth as many others have pointed out how much you are loved and respected. You are a genuinely nice guy who deserves nothing but joy but I know it doesn't matter how many times people say it to you, you have to believe it and realise it yourself before the words will mean anything which is hard, but it has to be done.

I'm not saying you should quit TSR or anything, I'd be sad to see you go but I question if TSR is having a positive impact on you and I do know that nowadays online sites can have a big impact on how people perceive themselves and sadly its often a negative perception.

Honestly you dont wnat to know. Work on the ones you have already identified thats pleny to be getting on with and after that you can look at anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Spoiler:
    Show
    List:

Insecure
    Too introverted
    Low Self Esteem
    Self Concious
    Low Confidence
    Hey! You don't know me yet and I don't know too much about you.

But my name is Kyle, and I'm quite active on here. I would like to get to know you and see if I could help you in some way. I often find myself listening to other peoples problems on here. So, please, give me a message at any time if you want a chat.

I couldn't imagine living with OCD like that and I would love to hear how it is from your perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleH123)
    Hey! You don't know me yet and I don't know too much about you.

But my name is Kyle, and I'm quite active on here. I would like to get to know you and see if I could help you in some way. I often find myself listening to other peoples problems on here. So, please, give me a message at any time if you want a chat.

I couldn't imagine living with OCD like that and I would love to hear how it is from your perspective.
    Hey all,

Spoiler:
    Show
    List:

Insecure
    Too introverted
    Low Self Esteem
    Self Concious
    Low Confidence
    And I'm certainly no looker! Take a look at my profile picture on here, that's a good example! But, I see my imperfections as blessings as they give me a shortcut to removing the ******** people from my life. In fact, they remove themselves!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.