Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

If you think this is true, you're an idiot.

If this 'dying woman' wants to make sure her money goes to charity, there are like a million and more charities to give it directly to in this country alone. Why in the hell would she need someone to do it for her?

:rolleyes:

But maybe you should send her all your bank account details just to be safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)

I took out the bank details, this has to be some kind of scam, but I can't see how, if they asked for MY bank details then its obvious, but I have been given bank details? What is more strange is that I am in Dubai at the moment, and her husband was a Sheikh - perhaps someone knows I am here?
    Well, lets take a look: "my late husband killed", "the doctors has advised me", "This are the informations" These are just a few examples of the appalling grammar employed in the email which should alert you to the fact that this is no Dora Collins. Rather, it's probably some opportunist who, having learned a bit of English, is hoping for a bit of English money, no?

And this bit:
    The reason why i choose you is because God led me to you ,Now this is what you will do to receive this fund in your bank account, I will like you to contact the Bank where this fund was deposited, contact them on my behalf requesting for the transfer and release of the fund into your bank account.
    When you contact "the Bank" they will ask you for your details. This is just an evolution of the first phase of emails in which we were asked to hand over our bank details directly. Either that, or the phone number that you will have to call will charge you a premium rate for evey minute that you're on the phone (and they'll still probably take your bank details).

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.