The Student Room Group

what should i do?

Ok this may sound really silly, but it's still bothering me so well=

I was with my school friends at a restaurant last week, when one of my friend's twin walked in with his friends there, so my friend asked them to join us at our table.

We were talking, and one of her brother's friends turned out to be a guy who was also at our school, around 3-4 years ago(didn't recognize him somehow). Well, that was that, we ate, chatted for a while and left.

Yesterday, he added me as a friend on facebook?!? Well, I did, too. And, um today, he asked me if I wanted to go out sometime.
I recently broke up with my bf, and not sure if I want to go out. and well, I never knew him all that well at school, and it's been ages now, so wouldn't it be weird if I agreed? I mean, I hardly know him, but I thought he was really gorgeous, don't know if I should go.

Scroll to see replies

If you don't want to go, say no.

Or go, get to know him and see what happens.
Reply 2
Might as well. Just be honest with him if you're not ready to get serious. It might turn into something, it might not, but you could make a new friend.
Reply 3
You think he's gorgeous, you're single and he asked you out! Go for it girly!!!
Reply 4
I hardly knew him at school, and even at the restaurant we didn't like talk much. Wouldn't it be weird? don't get why he added me on facebook either.
Reply 5
d0nner
You think he's gorgeous, you're single and he asked you out! Go for it girly!!!

:dito:
Go, you don't know till you try
Reply 7
yeah but isn't he being a little weird?
Reply 8
as in desperate?
Reply 9
piknik
as in desperate?

yeah, that is what i mean.
Reply 10
You're making it weird. I hate it when people act like that. If you like him, go for it. If not, don't. It's the same thing when people say "oh no, it'd be awkward", when in fact they're simply making it so.
Maybe he's just confident? Alot of people get asked ouot by someone they only met once, you obviously left a lasting impression on him. Id say you've got nothing to loose by going out with him and if your not ready for a relationship then you should just tell him that. Maybe you 'think' he's being desperate because either 1) your too scared to get back into the dating game so soon or 2) you think he's too good for you so why would he be interested?
I really think you should take him up on his offer, he just genuinly sounds like he likes you so why not see what might happen?
Crikey, this guy obviously likes you and is maybe too shy to ask you to your face? Or didn't want to do it in front of his mates (in case you rejected him) so facebook was the only way he knew he could contact you? All plausible, none weird.

If you don't think you're ready then don't go, if you are, then do. Its quite easy really :wink:
Tasha89
yeah but isn't he being a little weird?

no you're being weird...just go for it...you could end up liking each other
Reply 14
:dito: It wouldn't hurt to get to know him a bit better.
Reply 15
campbell87
Maybe he's just confident? Alot of people get asked ouot by someone they only met once, you obviously left a lasting impression on him. Id say you've got nothing to loose by going out with him and if your not ready for a relationship then you should just tell him that. Maybe you 'think' he's being desperate because either 1) your too scared to get back into the dating game so soon or 2) you think he's too good for you so why would he be interested?
I really think you should take him up on his offer, he just genuinly sounds like he likes you so why not see what might happen?

no maybe it's just getting asked out on facebook by someone you barely spoke to at a restaurant lol
that's what feels a bit weird really!
he couldn't have asked there because there were so many people it would have been embarrassing perhaps
Reply 16
go for it... what's the worst that could happen? one awkward date and then you never see him again... not exactly the end of the world!
Reply 17
kicakicks
go for it... what's the worst that could happen? one awkward date and then you never see him again... not exactly the end of the world!

well yeah lol.
he is after all my friend's brother's friend!
Though I would preferred it if he had got my number from his mate(who could have asked my friend). I've heard of people do that. The facebook thing was weird for me I guess.
I'll reply tomorrow,not sure if I want to go.
Tasha89
well yeah lol.
he is after all my friend's brother's friend!
Though I would preferred it if he had got my number from his mate(who could have asked my friend). I've heard of people do that. The facebook thing was weird for me I guess.
I'll reply tomorrow,not sure if I want to go.

As everyone else has said...go for it!
Reply 19
Well, if you're not sure, you'll not going to be comfortable.

Maybe arrange to go out with a couple (and I mean 3 or 4) other mates, so that you have the oppotunity to talk, but also aren't confined to just talking to each other? Might be a better idea?

Latest

Trending

Trending