Getting Maintenance Loan before course or term start date Watch

Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is there any way that an undergrad can receive their Maintenance payment before the start date of their academic year? Is that different for subsequent second and third term start dates?

I've always understood that regardless of how early students and the uni complete the Confirmation of Registration and Confirmation of Attendance processes, the Maintenance Loan payment dates were tied to year/term dates and could not be made before that. Is this actually the case? Is it possible that returning second+ year students can complete the processes over the summer and be paid early, before their official year/term start date?

I chat to folks in the general Student Financial Support section quite often and I'm worried about giving incorrect advice and causing confusion.

Thanks.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
*posting to watch*

I'm sure I saw a post from an SFE rep saying something about applying for early payment but it wasn't clear how to apply and why they might award it (and I might have just misread something)
Carly SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

If a student is in financial hardship the payment may be able to be brought forward although it cannot be done if the payment is due within the next 11 working days or until the academic year has begun.

Thanks
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Carly SFE)
Hi,

If a student is in financial hardship the payment may be able to be brought forward although it cannot be done if the payment is due within the next 11 working days or until the academic year has begun.

Thanks
Thanks Carly. So to confirm, the hardship process is the only way that Maintenance Loan installments should be paid to a student before their official term start date?
Carly SFE
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

Yes that is correct.

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Carly SFE)
Hi,

Thanks
How exactly would a student apply for early payment due to financial hardship? What sort of evidence is required?
Carly SFE
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

The student would have to contact us so we can send a Financial Hardship Confirmation Form. The student would also have to provide as much evidence as possible to show they are in financial hardship such as:
  • 3 months bank statements (all accounts in students name)
  • evidence of any obligations that they are liable to pay (tenancy agreement, utility bills etc)
  • copies of any debt/arrears letter they may have
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (16)
94.12%
No (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads