Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Social Media

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this, but I'm generally just interested in hearing anyone's opinions on social media as I was thinking of writing a discursive essay on it as part of an English assignment.

I should note that I'm 15 and don't use social media very often, but I'm assuming most of the people on TSR are older than me and are more engaged in sites like Facebook and Twitter (I am aware that there are many different kinds of sites, but these two tend to be the first ones that come to mind when someone mentions social media).

Is social media good or bad, in your opinion? (this is a pretty broad question, I know)

Has it impacted society positively or negatively, if at all?

Do you have any social media accounts?

Do you support the common belief that teenagers and kids are too absorbed in social media these days?

ReputationRep:
    You are using social media now to gain information from interested people you would never otherwise have met.

Previously you would have to go to the library and access some academic study or be stuck with a small group of people in your vicinity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDarcey)
    Is social media good or bad, in your opinion? (this is a pretty broad question, I know)
    let me answer this with a question, is water good or bad, in your opinion? :holmes:

it can drown ppl or save ppl

the whole point is, social media isnt good or bad, its how you use it, marketing helps companies, you can make friends and talk to other ppl but there is bullying, social pressures and other things...

Has it impacted society positively or negatively, if at all?
    It easily has impacted society very strongly, I would bet at least 70% of ppl check their social media before they even eat brekkie

Positively more than negative I think , but not by much!

Do you have any social media accounts?
    yes only fb and tsr if you count it

Do you support the common belief that teenagers and kids are too absorbed in social media these days?
    it depends on how long is too absorbed? 2hrs, 6 hrs or 8 hrs a day?

its definitely a very long time for some ppl but the overall amount is ok I reckon

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.