The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Should I attend Oxford Brookes?

I have an unconditional offer for the engineering foundation at OB for next year. Only problem is, I'm an international student and it would cost quite a lot so I'd have to get a loan. My parents are willing to pay for living costs, all I really need are loans for the tuition. Sallie Mae is an American bank in contract with them, so I'll probably get it from them. I haven't applied for any other Universities, and all the ones in my home state in America cost about 26k a year, for IN-STATE tuition. My parents urge me to learn German for 2 years then go to Uni in Germany, but they already confused me enough for suggestions this year, I don't want to wait another 2 years to go to Uni, and i can't speak German so I don't know why they expect this. Anyways, has anyone done the foundation year at Oxford Brookes? How is it? Would you recommend it?
Reply 1
Original post by Chiner
I have an unconditional offer for the engineering foundation at OB for next year. Only problem is, I'm an international student and it would cost quite a lot so I'd have to get a loan. My parents are willing to pay for living costs, all I really need are loans for the tuition. Sallie Mae is an American bank in contract with them, so I'll probably get it from them. I haven't applied for any other Universities, and all the ones in my home state in America cost about 26k a year, for IN-STATE tuition. My parents urge me to learn German for 2 years then go to Uni in Germany, but they already confused me enough for suggestions this year, I don't want to wait another 2 years to go to Uni, and i can't speak German so I don't know why they expect this. Anyways, has anyone done the foundation year at Oxford Brookes? How is it? Would you recommend it?

I am from Germany and applied for the international foundation course in technology and business at Brookes. I can guarantee that two years learning German is not enough to study in Germany. German is a very difficult language to learn. I have a friend at brookes who really like the foundation courses.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Chiner

Are you American?

If so, I would consider your application to the UK very quickly 'cause if Brexit will be discussed next year before March 2017 so I would hurry up. People say the changes won't be any time soon but considering what's happened this year so far, I wouldn't bet on it!

But Brookes is a nice uni but you should do some research into international fees, and the course - where it is on international university league tables and etc before making any rash decisions.

Quick Reply

Latest