The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

University of Dundee Applicants 2017

Hey everybody! It is that time of year again..

Fill out the following, and get to know your fellow applicants:

Name:
GCSEs (or equivalent):
AS or equivalent grades:
A2 or equivalent subjects:
A2 (predictions or achieved)/ Equivalents:

If you have any questions about Dundee, I'd be happy to answer them - just quote or tag me! I am a third year Politics student at the uni, and also the Support Team member for this forum. You can also find a general FAQ thread here.

Connect Dundee University. See which other TSRians are applying for your course! It's also a handy page for stalking and seeing what grades Dundee have asked for in previous years. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Name: Camille
Course: International Relations and Modern Languages
Grades: I'm an international student from the US. applying with a 1270 SAT and 3.7 GPA
Wondering when you received an offer, and if anyone knows when Dundee starts sending offers out?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by cami.w
Name: Camille
Course: International Relations and Modern Languages
Grades: I'm an international student from the US. applying with a 1270 SAT and 3.7 GPA
Wondering when you received an offer, and if anyone knows when Dundee starts sending offers out?

I received my offer 9 days after sending away my application in December 2014.

*That moment when you realise you did UCAS 2 years ago*

IR though? Cool! I did that in 2nd year. And I really am doing it this year too, tbh
Reply 3
Original post by Airmed
I received my offer 9 days after sending away my application in December 2014.

*That moment when you realise you did UCAS 2 years ago*

IR though? Cool! I did that in 2nd year. And I really am doing it this year too, tbh

That's such a fast offer, awesome! They sent me an email saying they'd start looking at apps & sending me more stuff after the 18th of october, hoping for a response before too long(:

How do you like IR?
Reply 4
Original post by cami.w
That's such a fast offer, awesome! They sent me an email saying they'd start looking at apps & sending me more stuff after the 18th of october, hoping for a response before too long(:

How do you like IR?

Yeah, it was amazingly fast.

IR is ok. My degree is Politics but a lot of the modules for Dundee are IR focused.
Reply 5
Name: Alisha
Course: Adult Nursing
Predicted: 30 IB Points

I was wondering, I have yet to send in my UCAS application, but how long does it normally take for a reply concerning interviews? Thank you x
Name: Heather
Course: Social Work
Highers: AABBCC
Advanced Highers: AB
Currently studying HNC Social Services
:h:
Reply 7
Original post by moo534
Name: Alisha
Course: Adult Nursing
Predicted: 30 IB Points

I was wondering, I have yet to send in my UCAS application, but how long does it normally take for a reply concerning interviews? Thank you x

That really depends. Interviews were still happening in March 2016 for 2016 entry!

Original post by chunkyandfunky
Name: Heather
Course: Social Work
Highers: AABBCC
Advanced Highers: AB
Currently studying HNC Social Services
:h:

My boyfriend is from Moray. Forres, specifically. :h:
Original post by Airmed

My boyfriend is from Moray. Forres, specifically. :h:

Small world! :eek:
Reply 9
Original post by chunkyandfunky
Small world! :eek:

It's the end of nowhere, but it is a pretty place :laugh:
Name: Ashley
Course: Psychology
GCSEs (or equivalent): Nat 5's AAABBBCCC
Highers First Sitting - BBBC
Highers Second Sitting - AAAA

Applied for psychology at Dundee and other uni's last year, but I unfortunately got rejected. Currently on a gap year after getting much better exam results than expected.
Name: Laura
Course: Economics and international relations

I won't say anything about my grades here, they're so different from the UK ones lol. But I'm a bit afraid if they'll be good enough! I've heard some stories from other Finnish applicants that applied there, and the offers they've got have been pretty high... But we'll see, I sent my application last week :smile:
Course: Mathematics: Mathematics
GCSEs (or equivalent): GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAB
AS or equivalent grades: AB
A2 (predictions or achieved)/ Equivalents: A*AB and A in AS Further Maths.

Just wanted to ask if Dundee sends you an email confirming that they received your application. My school sent mine 3 days ago and recieved confirmations from three of my choices but not from them. I know that some unis don't send one but I'm not sure if Dundee does.
Reply 13
Original post by Hiling99

Just wanted to ask if Dundee sends you an email confirming that they received your application. My school sent mine 3 days ago and recieved confirmations from three of my choices but not from them. I know that some unis don't send one but I'm not sure if Dundee does.

As far as I'm aware, no. But please check your spam emails. You will be sent applicant log in details.
Reply 14

I received a semi-acknowledgement saying they would send a formal acknowledgement and log in details to their portal around oct 18

I got one only a few hours after sending my application
Name: Caitlin
Course: Politics and International Relations
National 5s: AAAAAACHighers Achieved/Predicted: AAABC/AAA
Advanced Higher Predicted: A
Original post by scottishgirl163
Name: Caitlin
Course: Politics and International Relations
National 5s: AAAAAACHighers Achieved/Predicted: AAABC/AAA
Advanced Higher Predicted: A

My friend is applying for the same course as you :smile:
Reply 18
Has anyone received any offers yet?
Reply 19
I've applied for the new MSc in Mental Health Nursing. Have had an acknowledgment but nothing else.

Quick Reply