The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this some kind of movie then? Or perhaps a band?
fishpaste

lol! Indeed, i didn't expect to see this here - but yes, i did finish GCSE's this summer.
Reply 3
Ok, this would go into acedemic on possibily general chat, you don't have to confine your thread creation to one sub forum.
Reply 4
*raises hand*
*cries*

:rolleyes:
My sister has just done her GCSEs and thinks she hasn't done well enough to get into sixth form (she needs 6 A-Cs). It's her own fault if she doesn't get in though because she didn't exactly work hard. Having said that, she is definitely capable of achieving mostly Cs and above with Bs in English and geography, perhaps. Good luck with your results everyone, 32 days to go!
Reply 6
SiAnY
My sister has just done her GCSEs and thinks she hasn't done well enough to get into sixth form (she needs 6 A-Cs). It's her own fault if she doesn't get in though because she didn't exactly work hard. Having said that, she is definitely capable of achieving mostly Cs and above with Bs in English and geography, perhaps. Good luck with your results everyone, 32 days to go!

Is it really only 25 til we get ours?!
Reply 7
*is dreading results day*

EDIT: I have 17 spare days :rolleyes: :biggrin: oooooooooo fun!
Ellie4
Is it really only 25 til we get ours?!

Yeah - shocking isn't it?! :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek:
Reply 9
SiAnY
Yeah - shocking isn't it?! :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek:

Good grief, I really don't want to know mine!
fishpaste

Yes, a horror movie.
yep, I took my GCSEs this Summer and like most people am dreading results day!

I'm fairly confident that I haven't spectacularly failed any exams- and my coursework marks should pretty much save me if I have, but all the same I'm still anxious about my results.

On the sixth form entry requirements front though- there's no worry for me as my school sixth form never turns anyone away, mind you I would be assigned to the Cache course in child care if I didn't manage 5 Ds! :eek:
Ellie4
Good grief, I really don't want to know mine!

I just asked the exam boards, they said you got 300/300 in all your subjects, 100% RAW Marks on each one, a Top 5 in each subject, a letter personally written from the prime minister to say congratulations, and a special award.

Are you happy with that? :smile:
Reply 13
Invisible
I just asked the exam boards, they said you got 300/300 in all your subjects, 100% RAW Marks on each one, a Top 5 in each subject, a letter personally written from the prime minister to say congratulations, and a special award.

Are you happy with that? :smile:

Lol, could be worse I suppose! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Skyblue Pink
yep, I took my GCSEs this Summer and like most people am dreading results day!

I'm fairly confident that I haven't spectacularly failed any exams- and my coursework marks should pretty much save me if I have, but all the same I'm still anxious about my results.

On the sixth form entry requirements front though- there's no worry for me as my school sixth form never turns anyone away, mind you I would be assigned to the Cache course in child care if I didn't manage 5 Ds! :eek:

That course is actually really well respected in the childcare field. I did my GCSE's 3 years ago and did fine, but for people that want to work in childcare there aren't many courses that are better.
Sarky

That course is actually really well respected in the childcare field. I did my GCSE's 3 years ago and did fine, but for people that want to work in childcare there aren't many courses that are better.

sorry- no offense intended- it's just that if you are considering a career in childcare school advises on doing GNVQ health and social instead, and besides the teachers who teach the course are EVIL! - i.e Food Technology teachers!
Reply 16
Skyblue Pink
sorry- no offense intended- it's just that if you are considering a career in childcare school advises on doing GNVQ health and social instead, and besides the teachers who teach the course are EVIL! - i.e Food Technology teachers!

None taken. I worked in childcare this year when doing my A levels and to be honest GNVQ's are a weird way to go unless you want to go to uni. If you want to be a nursery nurse the CACHE course is fine. I was only doing it as part of my gap year, but there are people out there who want to work in childcare and who are academically capable. Its not just a career choice for people who aren't able to do anything else.
I jst finished my GCSE's this summer and im absoluty dreading results day.
cdm391
Just say how you think you've done.

You'll be amazed how pointless GCSEs seem when you're stressing over AS and A level exams. Which, in turn, will feel utterly pointless when you're getting so stressed you punch walls over your Uni exams. The whole exam system is shit in my mind (not literally of course, that would be hideous!) I mean how mean is it to cram a whole year's work into an hour and a half's exam?!! I think coursework is a much, much better system - using your knowledge to build up a decent piece of work over a series of weeks to show off your ability to the max.

/rant over/
/steps off soapbox/
Reply 19
Like many other GCSE students, I am dreading August 26th and just do save disappointments, I am expecting C/D Grades just so that I won't get upset.
I probably got As and Bs and maybe A* in English, but I'm not terrible sure and I would advise anyone else who is completely unsure as to what grades they will get to expect slightly worse grades just so you won't get upset if they're not what you wanted :wink: And then you might be pleasantly suprised if you do get good grades :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending