Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

NHS funding for postgraduate physiotherapy course?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm wondering what the deal is for paying the tuition fees as of 2017 for an NHS course. I'm aware that it is not funded anymore, but what opportunities are there for a loan etc.? The course is £13,000 per year and I don't think I could afford to pay the fees myself. Anybody got any insight? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBean1994)
    Hey,

I'm wondering what the deal is for paying the tuition fees as of 2017 for an NHS course. I'm aware that it is not funded anymore, but what opportunities are there for a loan etc.? The course is £13,000 per year and I don't think I could afford to pay the fees myself. Anybody got any insight? Thanks in advance
    Someone else might be able to give you better advice but what I would say is wait until around feb/march next year as that is when the 2017/18 regulations should be out (There is no exact date but I think 16/17 were released feb)

when the 17/18 regs and forms are released then there will be clear information on what funding will be available

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBean1994)
    Hey,

Despite the fact they have introduced a new masters loan of up to 10k, this still wouldn't cover the cost. However, I know that Kings College is 6500 a year for Msc physiotherapy pre reg and other unis are staying at 9k. This 13k uni must be a one off! Best to wait until next year, you never know, they may introduce a new loan for this masters as I can't imagine there will be many applicants for the course due to the ridiculous costs!! They could just scrap it altogether, who knows....

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.