Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Law at a good uni with BTEC?

ReputationRep:
    There are probably 50 different versions of this thread but I couldn't find one so here we go..

So I am studying BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business and a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Law. So far I have got all distinctions in every unit and have already got a D* grade (I am predicted to achieve D*D*D* by next June).
    I really want to get into as good a uni as possible and have been looking in South East area mostly to study either Law, Law and Politics or Law with European Legal Systems.

I just want to know if I am aiming too high since people still look down on BTECS a lot over A levels.

Also could I get some suggestions on unis in London i could get into.
    And one last thing, I am doing these BTECS because i completely flopped my AS levels, I'm not including those grades on my application or CV mainly because I am embarrassed by them but also because I don't want them to disadvantage me. Do you think they should be included even though they are awful? I don't have the cirtificates from them because I was embarrassed to go back to my old sixth form, does that matter? Also, what am I supposed to say if I don't include them in my application/CV and someone notices i have a year missing between GCSEs and BTEC?

Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    anyone????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiew06)
    anyone????
    I am not too sure on which universities will accept BTECs, probably best to look at their requirements or email them, asking them if they'd accept you.

Oh, and you have to submit all the results you achieve. All your GCSE's and all your AS results, despite of what you got -- for UCAS. For your CV, I don't think it matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiew06)
    And one last thing, I am doing these BTECS because i completely flopped my AS levels, I'm not including those grades on my application or CV mainly because I am embarrassed by them but also because I don't want them to disadvantage me.

Thanks for the help
    You'll get in trouble if you get caught doing this. There are numerous posts on this forum from users who did not include all of their results on their UCAS form, and had their application rejected because of it.

In terms of London unis you could get into, your best bet is to email the ones you're interested in. However, while they may accept BTECs, I'd imagine you'd be less competitive than somebody that's done a levels and gotten strong results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    I am not too sure on which universities will accept BTECs, probably best to look at their requirements or email them, asking them if they'd accept you.

Oh, and you have to submit all the results you achieve. All your GCSE's and all your AS results, despite of what you got -- for UCAS. For your CV, I don't think it matters

(Original post by Jasaron)
    You'll get in trouble if you get caught doing this. There are numerous posts on this forum from users who did not include all of their results on their UCAS form, and had their application rejected because of it.

In terms of London unis you could get into, your best bet is to email the ones you're interested in. However, while they may accept BTECs, I'd imagine you'd be less competitive than somebody that's done a levels and gotten strong results.
    Well thats crap news, thanks for the help guys

ReputationRep:
    U can get into top uni's with btec. I've met a student who did btec and got into a top 5 Uk university for a science related course. But call them up ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legend15)
    U can get into top uni's with btec. I've met a student who did btec and got into a top 5 Uk university for a science related course
    This is law, not STEM.

OP, go to the website for the unis you are interested, and check the entry requirements tab/page.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.