Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it too risky going on a trip during october half term (oxford applicants) Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Next year there is a school trip I really want to go on which spans 10 days ober october hald term but it is expected that by the time we arrive back there will only be a few days until the oxford application exams. In your experience, how vital are these last fee days/week and is it too risky to go? Thansk

ReputationRep:
    Which exam is it?

In my experience they're quite difficult to revise for. Whilst you absolutely should prepare, they're critically important, I'd be inclined to say that as long as you prepare beforehand and afterwards it should not significantly impact your result.

ReputationRep:
    My baby was due on the 23rd of October the year I applied to Oxford so I'm sure you can manage to prepare sufficiently and go on a school trip if you start early enough. I'm sure the amount of subject knowledge required varies across the different admissions tests but mine required very little. Just doing a few past papers in timed conditions was enough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.