Uni stress- are my grades good enough for psychology BSc?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I am in my A2 year and I'm trying to sort out my university options. I am studying psychology, english literature, art and general studies for a-level and i got ABB in my AS's (the A was in art) and a C in general studies
    My predicted grades are:
    Art- A*, English Lit- A, Psych-B and Gen Stud-B
    Since I got a B at AS in psych, i was hoping my teacher would predict me an A but she won't so now I'm really worried that i won't get any offers.
    I really want to go to Manchester/Nottingham which are both AAB, but I don't know if thats possible, now that I'm not being predicted an A in psychology.
    Im so upset because i know if i work hard i can achieve an A.

If anyone that has been through this/going through this has any advice as to what i should do regarding uni choices and whether my grades are good enough, i would really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    But most places don't even ask for psychology at a levels anyway.....

ReputationRep:
    I think you will get offers but try talk to your head of sixth form about the grade and try get predicted an A

ReputationRep:
    You're predicted A*ABB, why wouldn't that be good enough for Nottingham/Manchester? You're predicted to achieve higher than what they want. Unless it states on their entrance requirements page what they want an A/B in, it doesn't actually matter - and it's unlikely they'd want a specific grade for psychology since loads of applicants won't do it at A-level

Apply, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_d_e)
    But most places don't even ask for psychology at a levels anyway.....
    I know, but the uni's I'm looking at all want a science (which includes psychology) so I'm just worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstybecs)
    You're predicted A*ABB, why wouldn't that be good enough for Nottingham/Manchester? You're predicted to achieve higher than what they want. Unless it states on their entrance requirements page what they want an A/B in, it doesn't actually matter - and it's unlikely they'd want a specific grade for psychology since loads of applicants won't do it at A-level

Apply, you'll be fine
    Thank you, this was really helpful. Im just worried because it might look bad if i get a B at a-level in something i want to do as my degree. Also, other people who apply might have better subjects than me and might have an advantage. Im just so stressed :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epistemolog y)
    I think you will get offers but try talk to your head of sixth form about the grade and try get predicted an A
    Im going to try on monday but i doubt she will change it because she usually sticks to what our teachers think we can get

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.