Touching between male and female in platonic relationships

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Generally, how much touching, what kind of touching and where is it acceptable for a guy and a girl in a platonic relationship to touch each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ybsy75)
    Generally, how much touching, what kind of touching and where is it acceptable for a guy and a girl in a platonic relationship to touch each other?
    From my experience.. not frequently (with any kind of frequency... it seems a bit weird? from my perspective at least) but when an actual reasons to pops up.. then I guess so. But that can be irregular.

As for what kind... I dunno, nothing to weird I guess? If I do it I pat their back or hand on their shoulder or arm.. that's about it really. Wouldn't really touch them in more places that are off limits :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ybsy75)
    If you are talking about a platonic friendship that has never been more than a relationship then a hug or a handshake seems enough. I have experience of a platonic friendship after a relationship so the boundaries may have been different. :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    All over

platonic means no sex

doesn't mean act like a nun and priest with each other

I peck my female friends on the lips all the time, play-grope. Chat about sex with each other. Mind you if I'm platonic ith a girl but still her friend it's not because she's friendzoned it's because I'm taken, 9x outta 10.

Well I have seen blokes get smacked up for play-groping, like proper smacked up

so you might wanna make sure she actually is your friend or likes you at all before you play grope or go in for a friendly hi/bye kiss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    From my experience.. not frequently (with any kind of frequency... it seems a bit weird? from my perspective at least) but when an actual reasons to pops up.. then I guess so. But that can be irregular.

As for what kind... I dunno, nothing to weird I guess? If I do it I pat their back or hand on their shoulder or arm.. that's about it really. Wouldn't really touch them in more places that are off limits :curious:
    What's defined as an actual reason though?

ReputationRep:
    I have no boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)

Why not

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.